Port forwarding to avoid cloud, not working

Hi all!
I did port forwarding exactly as in the instructions on the official web page (Port Forwarding is now live | Homey News), but the connection type still shows that it is connected via the cloud, regardless of whether I access homey from an Android smartphone or from a PC (W10+Chrome).
Does anyone know if I need to do anything extra?!

Are you trying to access Homey from outside your home network?

Yes, at this moment I am not at home

And does your home internet connection have a (semi-)static external IP address?

What you mean “(semi-)static external IP address”?
I opened the ports in my router like in tutorial, and I have DDNS on two servers, but I don’t know if it matters. On LAN Homey device are alocated static IP.

1 Like

That your internet provider doesn’t use CGNAT.

Can you access the configured port (4859) from outside of your network? It should be testable in a regular browser (https://your.external.ip.address:4859/).

No it’s not working. In this case I have to try another port ?

You can try, but there’s also a chance that your internet provider simply doesn’t allow this.

Now I checked on a specialized website if the port is open or not, on that DDNS user and I notice that it is open, but if I try to access it from the browser, the page does not open

It shows the same on the other DDNS account

It works fine in a browser:

But it does give a certificate issue (which is to be expected).

When you said “No it’s not working”, what’s the specific error that you got?

Edit: Removed DDNS name on request Topic Owner. by @Dijker

The port 443 appears as closed. Maybe that should be opened too or should I use another internal port?!

This seems to be a local (where you are now) issue, because I can connect to your Homey just fine (which means port forwarding is working).

1 Like

I am to work and is possible that my company have some restrictions…

I’m sorry I have to go and won’t be online for a while. I’ll come back later and maybe we can find a solution.
Thank you for the answers!

That your external/public ip address is always the same. So you can call home always using the same address. Other wise you have to look up that address en configure that every time you want to call home.

Oh, wow, this returns something identified as “homeyId”… is that the real ID or a faux just for this session I wonder…

And also nice to include a firmware version, so hackers, script kiddies, can easily search for unpatched homeys, saves them some work…

That’s the real ID.

Makes it real easy to search for too:

Wow…

Imagine how many homey users may have this enabled without fully understanding the implications.