Port forwarding to avoid cloud, not working

1 Like

It only shows (should show) “local” when your phone running the Homey app is on the same LAN as Homey is, afaik.

And no, publishing your Homey ID is not a good idea.
I"d request for a new one @ Support

That is good. But you should request a new ID for you homey as Peter suggest, and keep it private in the future.

1 Like

But, as you can see of the screenshot. When “port forwarding” is activated, it stated only “Connected”. I can not see that @focus11 or any one else has stated that it should show “local”.

And “Remote (Forwarded)”

1 Like

Yeah, sometimes. Thanks @robertklep .

Why?
because if I know were you live you are moving to another address?
or because you paid your bill in a restaurant and you want another Bank ID because the now know it?

Not that I publish that info, but I can’t prevent that others know that.
That doesn’t mean that they can enter my house or get money from my account…

Only way to get another ID for your Homey Pro is buy another Homey Pro.

That can be solved, see even Chrome says it is secure…

By the way,
Who says this is the solution??

Port 443 should not be open on the internet!

I guess it is not your first day on the WorldWideWeb, as you are a moderator on this forum. The less information that other have, that bether. I do not understand why you are against it. The complete homey ID and FW are exposed in this thread, that is a potentially risk for the user. I really do not understand your hostile reply.

What do you suggest?
If he could get a new ID (or sells his Homey Pro and buys another one with another ID) and doesn’t change his IP I request his new ID…
Worst case he changes also the Port so I have to do a Port-scan…

I did not know that it was not possible to change the ID from Athom. In this topic, only the homey ID and the DDNS from asus is exposed. I suggest to change the Asus DDNS at least, since the ID of Homey is not possible to change. The last first one is easy. If you have to do a port scan, I am not worried :wink:

1 Like

There’s really no difference between opening port 443 or port-forwarding to port 443, even if through a semi-random port (although 95% of Homey users will use the default 4859). I already found a Homey exposed to the outside works through shodan.io

2 Likes