Nedis (Tuya) climate sensor?

So… I bought a Nedis (Tuya) sensor with Zigbee to use with my Homey Pro. I thought Homey Pro was a zigbee gateway, that Homey Pro supported Tuya and that this should mean that I could connect my Tuya sensor to Homey Pro.

But this does not work. When I try to add it as a generic Zigbee device my Homey Pro seems to think it is a power switch and doesn’t get any data from it. When I try to add the Tuya Homey app to my Homey Pro and the Tuya phone app to my iPhone, I’m told I need to add a gateway to the Tuya phone app in order to use the sensor.

So… does this mean I need a separate Tuya gateway for my sensor? Is this how the Tuya support is supposed to work?

Almost any Zigbee device that you want to connect to Homey requires specific app support before it can be used. If a device is added as a generic Zigbee device, it means there is no app installed that offers specific device support for your sensor.

I don’t read you tried to install the obvious, Tuya Zigbee app?

Still, it might work, it might not work, this is mainly because of Tuya, not the app developer.

With Homey, things don’t just work, like the marketing wants you to believe.
Except for Matter devices, in theory.

It’s best to check the homey.app store for supported devices, or take a peek at the best buy guide
Tuya and Homey is not a good match… and Tuya didn’t make it to the best buy listing :face_with_peeking_eye:

That’s the app I was refering to as “Tuya Homey app”. It won’t let me add any sensors to my Homey Pro before I add them to the Tuya iPhone app first. And I can’t add Zigbee devices to the Tuya iPhone app without a Tuya Zigbee gateway.

It’s this specific requirement I’m puzzled over.

It sounds like you’re using the Tuya Cloud app for Homey. The Tuya Zigbee app that @Peter_Kawa refers to has nothing to do with the Tuya iPhone app.

Please check the App Store again. There are four Tuya Apps in sum, but the only one which supports Tuya Zigbee devices without any Tuya gateway or a cloud connection is the one which was linked by Peter and also mentioned by Robert.

If the Nedis sensor is supported by the Tuya Zigbee App can be checked in the dedicated App Topic: [APP][Pro] Tuya Zigbee App

Thanks so much guys! I could have sworn that I only saw two apps when I checked on monday, but now I found the correct app. :slight_smile: It still does’t support my specific sensor, but at least the process makes sense now, and I actually have someone I can work with if I need to get it supported.

My bad, etc.

1 Like