Meross App Support

So I got this back as an email from them - And that response looks more promising. If more of us here on Homey send messages to them - They will take the request more seriously and build an official app for us and we won’t have to depend on other parties who lose interest or time and can no longer maintain the app.

Just to piggy back off what @B_Clark has already shared:

Send a simple email making sure to link to Homey to: support@meross.com

As an example:

Hello,

Can you add support for your devices to work on Homey?

Homey - A Better Smart Home

For social media, make sure to tag Athom on Twitter and Homey on Instagram. Maybe they will comment too and get involved in this movement. Comment on their public posts in addition to sending DMs. Public comments will allow us and anyone else a chance to participate in the conversation, hopefully adding more momentum to getting an official Meross app.

Twitter / X:
https://twitter.com/merosshome

• Tag @Athom

Instagram:

1 Like

Temp solution:

• Connect Meross to Smartthings (Samsung)
  • Add the devices trough de community Smartthings app :slight_smile:

Hey @Sjoerd1
Which SmartThings app do you use ?

With the community I only have this, cannot add my Meross plugs:

The Smartthingsapp from the community store (not the official Homey store). Read the instructions over there how to install :slight_smile: There is a little more delay in the use of the devices.

Thanks for the informations Sjoerd1

I can’t install or access the alternative store, when I log in nothing happens.
I’m on the same network as my Homey Pro, on Windows.

I’m trying to find out, but I think this alternative doesn’t work on the latest versions :frowning:

Homey community store was not working on the new homey pro 2023 last I checked. Which sucks in its own way since I just upgraded my 2019 homey

Ah I do have a Pro 2019.

The developer sent me the following email.
Let’s be patient and donate to him.

Hello,

Thanks for notifying for the app crashes. It’s due to Meross changing the API of their cloud access. I’m already planned to change some things under the hood (update the device adding process, local communication with the meross devices), but this change from Meross accelerated it. So I’m currently working on these changes and also to resolve the API change. With the new version I’m planning to add some new devices too. But I don’t own the new devices, any donations are appreciated.

Since I’m doing the app in my free time I’m asking for some patience while the app is in development.

Also I’m created a new space where you can contact me or suggest some new ideas or report bugs.

Meross Homey app Slack

Regards,
Bence

4 Likes

Hi All
I had a similar conversation with Bence which is great news, he is actively now looking at the issues and hopes to get that fixed soon. As with Rusty’s message above, please do engage via Slack as this will help Bence with the communications and show how many of the cummunity are keen to support him.

If you wish to make a donation, you can do this via the Homey Pro App page (Meross App for Homey | Homey). I’ve sent one today to get things moving and sent a thanks note to Bence.
Darrell

2 Likes

Perhaps you could do the update in two pieces, with the first update containing a fix for the api and the second containing additional devices? That way users can use the app again and make a donation, so more devices can be added to the app.

Hi
I believe that is what Bence is planning as you cannot add new devices until current API issue is resolved. I know he hopes to release a new version soon so fingers crossed.
Darrell

1 Like

Just in case, this product works with Hue and Homey, zigbee network:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EucEViz

Just installed it, works very well !

Also did get a quick reply from bence, please donate all. I’m really missing the functionality on my homey.

Thanks for notifying for the app crashes. It’s due to Meross changing the API of their cloud access. I’m already planned to change some things under the hood (update the device adding process, local communication with the meross devices), but this change from Meross accelerated it. So I’m currently working on these changes and also to resolve the API change. With the new version I’m planning to add some new devices too. But I don’t own the new devices, any donations are appreciated.

Since I’m doing the app in my free time I’m asking for some patience while the app is in development.

Also I’m created a new space where you can contact me or suggest some new ideas or report bugs.

Meross Homey app Slack

1 Like

Sorry been offline for a few days. Also got the reply from Bence and have joined Slack and donated. Please all donate if you care for this, Bence is doing this out fo the kindness of his heart for us. See you on Slack

Meross IS a good and quitte cheap brand, really Hope to have a good solution with homey

Please take some time to read some of the latest posts. Bence’s work is highly appreciated here.

Just received this message. He’s working on it. :+1: :+1:. Let’s all give him a small donation. It will help to get the app working soon. :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

I see updates being released to the app :smiley: Still not working though but i bet we’re almost there. (i deleted the app and reinstalled it, now it dosnt crash unless you restart it. Getting HTTP error trying to add my MSG200).

Hi there
Bence is working hard and made good progress, expect a release soon once testing is complete that has a whole load of fixes in it.
Darrell

1 Like