Insights give me an error on desktop: n.toLowerCase

On desktop i get the following error when clicking on the insights tab ( Homey Pro 2023 ).

As quickly as i click the insights menu everything disappears and i’ll see what’s on the screenshot. When i go back one page, i’ll have to refresh to get my menu back.

I’ve reported it often a new version came out, but still no luck.
Is it something in my settings, of have more people this?

Known issue, it was discussed on Slack but I don’t think there’s a solution yet.

1 Like

Ah, just got an update from @Jero on Slack that this issue should be solved soon.

1 Like

@Jero can you explain why it happens and what resolved it. I’m very curious

Some logs have a units property that has an object in them with translations. The back end should pick the current value based on the current homey language but it doesnt do that.

So the front end expects units to be a string but it’s an object and toLowerCase on an object throws.

Ah right, i debugged a bit and think it broke with °C but can’t be sure.
I hope the fix is soon to be delivered. or is there a way to work around it (already)?

Not easy no. Deleting the log with the API should fix it but it might be recreated pretty soon after that.

Is there a thing i can do myself, i really miss the insights

Have you updated to the latest rc?

i’ve got 10.0.0-rc.65 installed

Ah seems the rc with the fix is still in experimental. It should be fixed in rc66.

Thanks, i’m looking forward to it.

Even to i upgraded to *.70, that still didn’t help.
I’ll contact athom …

Sounds like the issue is (partially) with the frontend, so try cleaning your browser cache (at least for *.homey.app).

I test in an incognito window and brave / chrome report the same error

Ok this is really odd I will see if I can ignore it in the web app and add some extra logging.

It should no longer crash now can you confirm that?

Error: Minified React error #31; visit https://reactjs.org/docs/error-decoder.html?invariant=31&args[]=object%20with%20keys%20%7Ben%7D for the full message or use the non-minified dev environment for full errors and additional helpful warnings.

[update]: This was on the console

Ja … hij doet het … :smiley:

Band aid fix :smile:

I made the mistake assuming the fix was shipped in rc.66 but it is not.

1 Like