IKEA Vallhorn Motion sensor

Thanks, actually in my case the trick was 4 short clicks in 5 seconds and not one click per second. Red light flashes and connection was within seconds.
Using 1,2V rechargeable batteries.

This was a very good thread to read. I used normal batteries to begin with (1.5V) and got a bunch of false activation.
I also had one pcs of Vallhorn that only sent a Motion Alarm activated. But never a deactivation.
Regardless of setting in Homey.
If I pressed any of the setting buttons on the unit it sent a deactivation followed by an Activation and then silence.

Chatted with support and they sent me a new one. 2 days later I got it in my mailbox and it works perfectly.

One thing Iā€™m trying to find though is the possibility to code a AND statement in a Flow against the current LUX value. IE: If the LUX is below 2 thenā€¦
But the only possibility Iā€™ve seen is to use a Var. And in a flow use the When statment for the Lux value.
Meaning. When Lux > 2 set Yes/No Var to No. When Lux < 2 set Yes/No Var to Yes.
Then I can use that Var in the flow. It feels intuitive though to use the Lux Value directly in the flow. But Either they missed this or I donā€™t see how to access it??!

A sidewise jump here. As the Vallhorn is equipped vith a light sensor that gives a value in lux - how on earth can I use that value to trigger or not trigger a response? Say I want to turn on a lamp when movement is detected AND the light level is below a specifies threshold. Using advanced flows I can only get it to trigger when the light changes to a specified value.

The illumination value is probably provided as a tag, so you can use a Logic card to compare its value against your threshold:

IF motion is detected AND (illumination tag) < 123 THEN turn on lamp

Aha, Iā€™ve never tried the Logic cardsā€¦ but they seem - erm, logical? Iā€™ll give it a go.
Thx Robert

Yep that did it. :ok_hand:

Anyone else get really short battery life on Ikea Vallhorn? I get only a couple of weeks before the sensor begins to flash red indicating the battery is running out of juice. I am using Ikeas own rechargeable batteries new and freshly charged. Connecting it directly to Homey Pro 2023 with no Ikea hub.