[HowTo] Homey Pro (Early 2023) - Migrating from Homey (Pro) (Early 2016-2019)

I’m not sure, but those are ZWAVE devices, they will migrate automatically. Or do I miss anything ?

Z-Wave devices should migrate automatically indeed. But if I understood correctly; @K_S refers to devices that are handled by a new Homey app.

Unfortunately if it’s new app, even the script can’t handle it then :frowning:

The devices show like this in the tools.developer.homey.app/tools/devices:

Property Value
ID 033280ab-3d47-400f-80dc-f45f8e775c47
Name :window:TV Room Window RHS
Class sensor
Driver homey:app:com.sensative — homey:app:com.sensative:1101011
Ready No
Available No (App Unavailable)

If I have to add them again using the new Sensative app (which may yet be a problem, as it doesn’t seem to be working for me) - with the same names - would the script then enable me to repair the broken flows?

The APP ID will be different, the script handle only devices within the same app.
The different APP (ID) with different device ID is unfortunately much bigger challenge.

1 Like

When you use Martijn"s script with Old/New device names, you have to give the ‘new’ devices a different name first;
Otherwise the script doesn’t change a thing.
You could add a 1 or a . to the names for instance.

When done, you can rename the devices to their initial names

From what I understand, the script can replace a, say, Hue motion_alarm sensor with a Tuya zigbee motion_alarm sensor:

But only @martijnpoppen can confirm if that’s the case :pray:

You can as long as the flowcards are the same (but the apps are different) it’s possible to use the script,
This will mainly work for default Homey flowcards. So custom flowcards will probably (most definetely) break

2 Likes

Eg. I tried when migrating from Roborock app to Xiaomi … didn’t work for me unfortunately, mostly also given the different flow triggers, actions etc. But - it can be always tried, it will not harm anything, just report in worst case error.

OK, so the steps are?:

1. Remove the old Sensative strip devices
  2. Add them with new names, using the new Senstative app, into the same rooms that they were in
  3. Run the script to replace devices (old names) with same devices (new names)
    (4. Optional: rename the devices back to their original name)

Is that right?

Dont remove the old ones. Otherwise the script cant find the device. But instructions are in the topic linked by @Peter_Kawa

1 Like

martijnpoppen Dont remove the old ones. Otherwise the script cant find the device. But instructions are in the topic linked by @Peter_Kawa

It seems it is not possible to not remove the old ones. As soon as I try to add the devices using the Sensative app, the old references to them disappear from the device list

In that case take the device id then it wont work with device name

“In that case take the device id then it wont work with device name”

I’m sorry, I don’t follow.

Sorry but theres a dedicated topic with instructions: [HOW-TO][Pro][Cloud] - Tool to FIX (advanced) flows after removing and re-adding devices

If that doesn’t work then its better not to use the script its at your own risk :wink:

2 Likes

Hi!
I took great care to repair my zigbee units with routers before battery powered units. Because only the first 15 (or since 2023 30?) can connect directly to Homey. However, when looking under zigbee under developer page, the order of them seems random. It is not the new paring order, nor is it the old one.
How come? And is it this order that decides which one Homey connect directly to, or is it fine?

Received my Homey pro 2023 today. Made a backup of my Homey Pro 2019, turned it off, turned on the new one…

Wow, I love how fast it is and how the led ring corresponds well to what it shows in the app.

All devices and flows were installed without a problem. However, the apps were all not installed and that didn’t happen (I waited a long time and not one app got installed).

I manually installed all apps, but now none of the Z-wave devices work. Anyone experienced this, how did you solve it? If I don’t have to pair them again it will save a lot of time…

(Z-wave in the developer page shows only the Homey node)

1 Like

If all your apps are SDKv2, they won’t get installed, but probably you have SDKv3 apps as well?

Which firmware version is running atm?

Did you inform https://homey.app/support too? While the Pro 23 is not declared beta anylonger by Athom, this issue shouldn’t happen imho.

EDIT: a guy from a facebook group, with a similar zwave issue, wrote zwave started to work when he first performed a factory reset and started the migration again.

I got 3 notices in my timeline from the SDKv2 apps, but all others were SDKv3.

I didn’t inform them, but will. I will try a factory reset tonight, it might have to do with the firmware that it is shipped with. I am now up2date to the latest stable firmware (10.0.0) but I think it shipped with 8.1.6 or something.
Thanks for the screenshot, I am in the group but didn’t see it yet :slight_smile:

UPDATE:
Athom advised me to PTP for 10 minutes, then wait for at least 10 minutes before doing anything. Didn’t help.

Decided to go for the second option they suggested, removing the devices and readding them. That worked flawlessly.

I have problems with the repair function on Zigbee when migrating from Homey pro 2019 to Homey pro 2023. Get the following error message when trying to repair: Zigbee network busy.
Q1: Must both Homeys be on the same Zigbee channel?
My Homey 2019 is on channel 11 and Homey 23 is on channel 23.
Q2: If not, how long time does the Homey23 need be up and running before starting the repair process.
I have sent theese questions to Homey Support, but they are verry busy at the moment.
Q3: Why havent the Homey support team made a FAQ with answers for the migration process?

Q1: The Homey2019 must be off if it is not factory reset, or it will interfere.
Q3: Did you follow Athom’s guide exactly? https://support.homey.app/hc/en-us/articles/9302284997660-Migrating-data-from-Homey-Pro-2016-2019-to-Homey-Pro-Early-2023-

Did you follow the guides above, at the start of this topic?