[Homeyduino] E-paper for Homey

@Unknown_BF12 , I see you are using usb power source. How much Ampère is you power supply? I remember using a to weak power supply (500mA) caused similar screen artefacts.

@Torch1969
I was using a Smart Phone Charger with 5V/2A. I think that should be enough. It was first Powers through a USB Port of my PC and was running fine. Then plugged it of, re-plugged with the Charging Device and since then I have these weird screens.
I have also troubles wit command through flows. Sometimes I send them an it’s working sometimes not…

And, when you go back to PC-power, how does it work then? Maybe the charger doesn’t work properly?

[quote=“Unknown_BF12, post:286, topic:74640”]
5V/2A
[/quote] that should be enough… but maybe the “smart” part of the charger is not delivering all power? I would suggest trying a simple charger with 2A on one port.

1 Like

Hello,
Yes i haven’t see that, and this is a good idea!

For information the touch screen works very well and i can trigger flow/devices on Homey.

But i have an error when compiling the code and i cant complete it anymore.

If someone have an idea to solve this…

c:/.......Homey_e-paper-2.0.6.ino.elf section `.flash.rodata' will not fit in region `drom0_0_seg'
c:/..../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld.exe: region `drom0_0_seg' overflowed by 49618 bytes

1 Like

Take a look at this thread regarding drom0_0_seg
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/how-to-increase-partition-size-to-use-16mb-of-flash-instead-of-4mb/364299/3

Hi Sebyldino,

I translated the language.ino to German, if that´s interesting for anybody (don´t know how to upload this…).
I recocnised some more devices (heater/lock/…) compared to your user-manual on Github? Do you have an updated list, something like a changelog? Would be great for the fans and followers of your project. :grinning:
Can´t await to see the touchscreen, that will be something very useful.

Super projet!
THX Thilo

2 Likes

I am using this battery powered and had a few questions in that regard:

1. Why is there 15 mandatory cards for the 4 segment version. This takes about 25sec to update.
    Seems unnecessary to update text fields every time it comes out of deep sleep?
    By only updating the sensor values the battery time would double or even triple.

2. Is there any plan for a simpler layout? Meaning bigger fonts and perhaps no weather data, the current version is hard to read for the slightly older of us :sweat_smile:

Thanks again for a great project.

For our Dutch readers I made this guide:

@sebyldino can u please put the link in the openings post and thanks again for this great project.

3 Likes

Hi,

just recieved my batterie (18650, 3,7 V, 3000 mAh). Fully charged it, but when I try to use the Lilygo only with the batterie, the blue light gets off and there is no wifi-connection. With cable + plug everything works fine.
With the Lipo-batteries it seems to work, as I read here, but unfortunatly I ordered the “wrong” Lilygo…

This is probably not due to the script or Homey, but does anybody know how to handle that?

Regards Thilo

I also use the 18650 but also the USB. Every time it changes from power source it takes a while to get the WiFi back up. After this is works fine.

The only thing is that the battery won’t last the long (3 days max).

Make sure you note the correct polarity. On my board the red wire was ground and the black was positive…

The polarity is printed on the board next to the JST battery connector.

I use a 1000mah lipo battery, it too lasts 3 days. Are you using only the mandatory cards in Homey?

Yup, and update interval 5 min.

Polarity:

Ah, yes, I use 10mins, that explains the difference :sweat_smile:

Ohhhh, that was a really simple solution. I feel a little bit stupid, it was in fact the polarity. I counted on the little paper which came with the Lilygo, there plus is on the left.
Thank you! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
TT

This seems a nice project. And I bought a LilyGo screen.

I followed all the steps. First I got a warning that I could fix (needed to install a driver on my Mac).

Now I have
A fatal error occurred: Unable to verify flash chip connection (Serial data stream stopped: Possible serial noise or corruption.).
Failed uploading: uploading error: exit status 2

Is that still a driver / Mac issue?

When I follow the instructions of the seller, wrover board, I get this
Sketch too big; see https://support.arduino.cc/hc/en-us/articles/360013825179 for tips on reducing it.
Sketch uses 2606565 bytes (198%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1310720 bytes.
Global variables use 49932 bytes (15%) of dynamic memory, leaving 277748 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 327680 bytes.
text section exceeds available space in board

Compilation error: text section exceeds available space in board

Seems to be a problem with the settings while compilating/uploading…
Just make sure, that all the parameters in the tools-section of Arduino IDE are set exactly as described in the installation guide

I followed that guide…. Compiling is fine. Uploading gives the errors.