[Homeyduino] E-paper for Homey

You didn’t forget this one?

maybe, show your settings here.

Just got my screen, exact the same one.

I don’t have any experience with arduino and was able to get it working in no time by following the dutch guide, previously posted bij @domotica-blog.nl.
Maybe you need to check it again step-by-step?

In my case the result after verifying was:
Sketch uses 2606549 bytes (82%) of program storage space. Maximum is 3145728 bytes.
Global variables use 49932 bytes (15%) of dynamic memory, leaving 277748 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 327680 bytes.

Did you try this: [Homeyduino] E-paper for Homey - #182 by Arnold_vd_Linden

1 Like

This (upload speed) did the trick!

Any update on this? Can you control Homey through the touchscreen?

How long will last this battery? Do you use your screen constantly?
I’d prefer the usb connection power, but as I can see with the case: I need to figure out how, because the plug is on the bottom.

1 Like

Concerning the battery life, I would say about ten days with a refresh every 20 minutes. Concerning the continuous power supply, try to go out by the back with this type of cable…

I keep it in mind. First I need a case.

Does anybody have a good option to make one? In the Netherlands? I found a site and it calculated that I need to pay over 50 euros for a simple case… :exploding_head:

The Lilygo i got has a USB port on one of the shorter sides, that way landscape is no problem. Perhaps try to get that type instead?

I also made a case for it if anyone is interested (3d printed).

My screen has it only on the bottom (where the pen tip is):

What case do you have? I want to order the duan.stl file as print, or the duan-qie.stl (I don’t know the difference)

I got this error after compiling

Sketch uses 2606593 bytes (198%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1310720 bytes.
Global variables use 49932 bytes (15%) of dynamic memory, leaving 277748 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 327680 bytes.
Sketch too big; see https://support.arduino.cc/hc/en-us/articles/360013825179 for tips on reducing it.
text section exceeds available space in board

Compilation error: text section exceeds available space in board

I am using Version 1.3.0
Arduino IDE 2.1.0 on MAC

If u have a Mac…scroll up in this topic for some tips.

Ok wrong setting compiler found.

My Lilygo T4 got stuck in a boot cycle. Keeps restarting. not accessible by homey or pc.

Is there a way to hard reset the Liligo or does anyone has an other solution?

Hi Sebyldino,
are you still contiuing this project?
Would be nice to hear from you, especially about the touchscreen!
:grinning::raising_hand_man:t2:

Hello,
I did not abandon the project.
I took advantage of the return of the sun to do some work in the garden so the touchscreen part is on standby.
I just need to know how solve this error to continue.

c:/.......Homey_e-paper-2.0.6.ino.elf section `.flash.rodata' will not fit in region `drom0_0_seg'
c:/..../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld.exe: region `drom0_0_seg' overflowed by 49618 bytes
1 Like

Hi,
Is it possible to change the icon of a icon_zone to show a weather icon?

As you can see in the photo the bottom two devices showing the generic weather icon. It would be nice if this icon will show the predicted weather forecast.
Can this be done and how?

Hello,

Each icon has a defined size they are not resize by the display to show them.
The weather icon on the top dont get the same size as the icon in zone.
What you want is possible, but it would involve recreating the set of weather icons for display 4 and 6 devices.

1 Like

Nice project!

this one isn’t available anymore with tinytronics.nl but will it also work with this alternative?
LilyGO TTGO T5 4.7 inch S3 E-paper E-ink ESP32-S3 - with JST-PH Li-Po Connector

1 Like

same question here…

I think yes because there are not differences described for use v3 or s3 in the documentation

The boards sizes are a little different, be sur the screens resolutions are the same.

1 Like

Works fine with ESP32-S3

1 Like