[Homeyduino] E-paper for Homey

Not what i mean.

Ik bedoel, kan ik los van de complete homey mijn taal kiezen voor de OpenWeather app?

have not found a way to change language, but this gives the text in English:

@sebyldino can there be a solution for longer text?

Maybe the option to remove some text (in my case “tomorrow” or/and put them under each other ?

maybe support \n in text

so i got a second screen :slight_smile: But… The most important info is not updated correctly?
afbeelding
“Witte diesel” and “Last seen” do not update ?

afbeelding

Hmm, Homey says this sceen is offline, but i can find it online on my router., restarted Homeyduino app and it came back online, however now my First screen went online… can i only add one Screen? :smiling_face_with_tear:

did you give the device an unique name?

also saw some update issue when the value goes back to 0 and it is ignored.

Yes Device have unique names, it came back probaly after deep sleep ping. :slight_smile:

Hi, and thanks for a great project.

One stupid question: how do I set the update interval for the values? Do I need to create a flow that runs my “paper screen online” flow say every 15mins?

The “paper screen online” can be used with de sleep function of the device.
So if the sleep function is 15 minutes de device will come online every 15 minutes and this flow will start.

If your device is powered through usb it is not needed to use de sleep function. Then you can use trigger cards like if temp is changed update card on screen like that.

1 Like

I got this error:

Sketch uses 2603025 bytes (82%) of program storage space. Maximum is 3145728 bytes.
Global variables use 49248 bytes (15%) of dynamic memory, leaving 278432 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 327680 bytes.
esptool.py v4.2.1
Serial port /dev/cu.usbserial-54FC0467171
Connecting...........Traceback (most recent call last):

File “esptool.py”, line 34, in
File “esptool/init.py”, line 1004, in _main
File “esptool/init.py”, line 790, in main
File “esptool/loader.py”, line 1108, in flash_set_parameters
File “esptool/loader.py”, line 406, in check_command
File “esptool/loader.py”, line 375, in command
File “esptool/loader.py”, line 307, in read
StopIteration
[31281] Failed to execute script ‘esptool’ due to unhandled exception!

Chip is ESP32-D0WD-V3 (revision 3)
Features: WiFi, BT, Dual Core, 240MHz, VRef calibration in efuse, Coding Scheme None
Crystal is 40MHz
MAC: b4:8a:0a:31:68:d8
Uploading stub...
Running stub...
Stub running...
Changing baud rate to 921600
Changed.
Configuring flash size...
Failed uploading: uploading error: exit status 1

does anyone have an idea how to fix it?

Set baudrate 115200.

1 Like

Hey,

I got it running correctly on the HP2023 after updating the SDK3 version of the Homeyduino to work on the HP2023.

The only “issue” that I have is that the screen is flashing/restarting on the paperScreenOnline then updating all the values that I have.

Is this normal behavior?

Thx! It works

That looks normal for an e-paper device that come online. Mine is doing this also on a earlier Homey Pro model.

@sebyldino, very nice work with this project.
I’m not a developer/programmer myself, but I like to try and fail. I received the lilygo yesterday and got it up’n running pretty easy. Added Norwegian “translation” under language, but have a hard time to find the openweather translation of the description to Norwegian.

However, isn’t it possible to use more of the language setting from the openweather API?
If all the icons was converted/named according to the OpenWeather format, using the id for identifying which icon to use. Then you would not need a translated text for weather conditions in the lanuage file since the language setting would give you correct language description and icon based on the id?
This would of course “force” the use of OpenWeather, and that’s probably not a preferred choice for everyone? Just a thought, yet not sure how doable it is :wink:

“weather”: [
{
“id”: 500,
“main”: “Rain”,
“description”: “light rain”,
“icon”: “10n”
}
],
https://openweathermap.org/weather-conditions#Weather-Condition-Codes-2

4 Likes

Yes! Very good idea! The codes seem to be the same in all languages, here for Germany: Symbol/Icon-Liste openweathermap.org - PDF Free Download

Regards and Thx to Selby for this great project!
Thilo

@Thilo Yes, the ID is unique and will give “description” in chosen language and the same with “icon” which will be correct (the same) in any language

Hi!

I have some issues with my screen. After a long time of trying I got it running but sometimes it looks kind of “dirty” or damaged.(See attached pictures). Also the “screen repair” Action card is not fixing this problem. My question now is if my display is really damaged or what issus could cause this behavior.

I see mentions of people having updated the Homeyduino app to SDK3 feel free to make a PR to GitHub - athombv/com.athom.homeyduino: Homeyduino is an Homey app which allows you to easily connect your own Arduino projects to homey and give me a mention @jeroenwienk or assign me so I can have a look at it. Really would be a shame if the community has already done great work in updating it and I would have to do it again.

2 Likes