Homey Pro (Early 2023) - (P)Review Alpha Testing

Curious about the first impressions and reviews now that the first batch is being shipped to developers…
Please satisfy our curiosity! :wink:

1 Like

The Homey Pro brings additional color to my working desk… :grin:

17 Likes

You try to stack all Homey stuff in the smallest corner of your house? :rofl:

2 Likes

I would argue that it is almost in the center of my attention :grinning:

2 Likes

Hope it brings color to your life too!? :wink::smiley:

The wooden-square with the colorful lights, what is that?

7 Likes

Btw, @Dijker: are you allowed to share your experience with the new Homey 2023 by now, now that the first batch is at other developers too?

I have to inform you that stacking Homey Pro and/or Homey Bridge is considered illegal in many jurisdictions.

11 Likes

There is still space on top for the old Homey Pro :wink:

5 Likes

I am on holiday, reading and posting most from Phone.
Updates from Athom come in high frequency.
This gives others also room to post their (re)views. :sunglasses:

But…
Are you already allowed to share your own experience with the new Homey 2023 and if so, would you be willing to do so?
(when time of course, I wish you a great holiday!)

1 Like

Hi! I totally agree, I use it as an easy way for “dynamic” setting and trigging of morning routines as well as controlling the heater on my cars.

I submitted a ticket to support to check if there were any planed changes and to note my interest in the function. I got the following answer:

You are indeed correct in stating that this functionality has disappeared within the new Homey Pro.

I have however shared your message and screenshots with our development team, so your motivation for reinstating it can be discussed. I can’t give you any guarantees nor insight, since this is not my department nor my decision, but please know that it has been noted and will be discussed.”

+1 that alarms should be available on Homey 2023!
@Emile
Have raised a support ticket for it too.

I use it for my morning routine; for slowly opening bedroom curtains, play an alarm on my Sonos Roam, slowly increasing my bedlamp light, etc.
So I do not use it in combination with Homey’s internal speaker as well.
This is a real.dealbreaker for me have ordered a new Homey 2023 too, but this way I would reconsider to keep using my Homey 2019…

3 Likes

I hear you. Statistically speaking, almost no one uses Alarms. But I see a few usecases here on the forum.

The problem is that for new Homey Pro users it’s going to be extremely confusing what the hell Alarms are supposed to be. Without a speaker, it doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Maybe a nice middleground is an ‘Alarms’ app, with an alarm-like UI you can access under More → Settings → Alarms, which will have similar Flow cards? There’s really no reason why anybody could create this, technically speaking.

1 Like

True, and I’ve started enchancing Alarm Utilities add scheduling and eventually remove the need for Homey Alarms. Stay tuned.

9 Likes

@Emile: Ido not get why setting an alarm wouldn’t make sense when there is no speaker. Homey is a perfect device for managing morning routines with or without an internal speaker (still disappointed by the lack of it).

@OH2TH:
In advance to a new version of your app; could you elaborate of how these alarms could be set?
I find it very convenient that the alarms can be set in just a few clicks after opening the Homey app…

App settings are at least 2 clicks deeper than the current Alarms.
And renameing the app to < Alarms > could help: -)
But it I think it is the best we can get now.

Exactly… Hope Athom changes their opinion about this. Why delete functionality because it would be confusing to users? They can simply use it or not. And why not make it more clearer to them then?
Let’s see how it evolves… :frowning:

1 Like

i don’t know what kind of phone you have but why doesn’t use you’re phone and send an webhook or something? I have iPhone and use the iPhone alarms which work always, and with the Shortcuts (opdrachten) app to start an flow that will do the rest ( curtains, speaker, lights) the only thing I need to do is changing my phone alarm if I want.