[Homey Pro (Early 2023)] App unsupported list

Update on the Ring Doorbell and Camera app:

Unfortunately the issue with grabbing an image from a Doorbell using a flow is not resolved. It’s being looked into by Athom but the reason is not yet found. I’ve provided additional debug information comparing the sequence the code is executed in between the old and new Homeys.
Next to that, a new issue arises; refreshing the image in the device in the (iOS) app no longer works. This was working in an older app version so I expect this to be an easy fix for Athom.

Anyway, the time I had to spend troubleshooting the image grabbing issues prevented me from spending time on improving the app so all in all the progress I wanted to make has not been achieved. So basically there has been no improvement to the app in the last week and it is not ready to be released yet. I will however, consider publishing it to the test channel but that depends on the speed Athom responds to my new debugging information and when the new Homeys are actually delivered to users.

4 Likes

Update on OTGW support: I created a new app for OpenTherm Gateway. This new version works with HP2023, but is probablly not a full replacement of the existing SDK2 app.

Info on the new app can be found here:

Update on the Ring Doorbell and Camera app:

I’ve just published the SDK3 version to the test channel in the App Store, find it here: Ring | Homey
This version offers the exact same functionality as the previous version but has some improvements on adding devices and re-authenticating when needed.

I expect to push this version to stable the next few days so everybody can use this version.

This version can also be installed on the new Homey Pro Early 2023 but will not be fully functional.

9 Likes

Brel now has a test version of their new (SDK3) app that - according to the change log - should support their 433Mhz motors.

You are a hero thank you Danee

Alexa app with hp23 support is now live

5 Likes

Hi Martijn,

Do you have any insight into whether a solution is being prepared for the FireAngel smoke detectors?

I myself have the variant with the Z-Wave Plus modules in it, I’ve bought them a year ago and it would be a shame if I had to replace all 5 of them.

Yes. @TedTolboom is doing his best to get it all fixed. No eta yet.

1 Like

That is very good news! Thanks for your quick response!

1 Like

Wait. Is Ted taking over the FireAngel app? That is great news indeed!

1 Like

I just installed my new Homey, next to that the new app is very slow (I can’t scroll fluently in my devices list), I am missing a couple of Apps.

I don’t see for example the BlueSound app in any of the apps list, anyone here a clue if that one will be updated? I use it to play music in the bathroom every morning, so a must have ;-).

If an app is not in the list (which it isn’t) it should at least install as it is SDKv3, if it doesn’t install then it most likely just (temporary) failed to install, try again.
If it is SDKv2, then you should first ask the current developer if het is willing to update.

@Rinse start reading the first messages in this topic. There is quite some info there about SDK v3, about apps that will not be replaced, that are in the process of being replaced, or where the developer needs a very kind request to support SDK v3 etc. It is being updated frequently, so…

So my HP23 will get here tomorrow but not sure if I should migrate or not.

If i don’t migrate now, will I be able to later? And is there a way to check if the apps you use are supported without having to manually go over them one by one?

Pretty hesitant to install the new Homey Pro to be honest. Feels like it would’ve been better to wait untill at least Q4 this year.

The Android app is laggy and crashes a lot. Once I migrate, will I lose everything on the HP19 or will it just stay on there so I can go back when I find out the HP23 doesn’t work for me?

Besides software, I am pretty disappointed that there is no mounting option to wall mount this thing. Still struggling to find a good place to put this. They say a central open area but I there is no spot in the living room. Wanted to put it the hallway closet but I guess that would kill the range. And I am having issues with Zwave and Zigbee as it is.

Yes, this Homeyscript spits it all out:

Impression:

2 Likes

Thanks. Let’s see if I am able to run this tomorrow. Never used any scripts before.

Haha that example. 600+ flows? Wow. My Homey is slow as hell with 30 flows…

This is also possible

Use a Homeyscript THEN card, ‘run code and return text-tag’
Screenshot from 2023-03-13 20-41-51

The result of the code becomes available per the ‘Result’ tag, which you can put in a timeline card or such.

Paste the code below into the card, and run this every day or so.

// Search and display app updates for SDk2 (SDk3 is OK, but SDk2 is deprecated)

let updatesArr = await Homey.apps.getApps().then(f => Object.values(f).reduce((r,b)=>Object.assign(r,b.sdk == 2 ? {[b.name]:b.updateAvailable} : ''), {}));
let appUpdates = JSON.stringify(updatesArr, null, 1);

// timestamp
let SysInfo = await Homey.system.getInfo(); 
// Extract local time
var localTime = SysInfo.dateHuman.slice(SysInfo.dateHuman.indexOf(' ')+1); 

return 'Your SDk2 apps (with available Update):\n' + localTime + '\n' + appUpdates;

Yes it’s my Homey. I don’t believe it gets slow because of many flows.
Look what I did with a 512MB (non)Pro, and it was not dead slow:

For some unknown reason, not all apps (even compatible ones) are installed during migration. It is possible to install them afterwards. Also after doing multiple resets to test this, it seems some apps are always migrated, some sometimes, and some never (during my test). Does anyone have any idea why this happens?

This is not the topic for these questions :wink: but judging the changelog, there are still improvements on the installing of apps.

v10.0.0-rc.53

• Improved the auto-download mechanism of apps that are not correctly installed.
1 Like

This is even more jibberish to me. No idea what you nean with this…