Homey pro 2023 - zwave too much traffic error?

Unfortunately not. I had the luck of being able to revert back to the HP2019. The only thing yoy can do is wait. Athom support said to try and re-include your S2 devices unsecured, but Im not convinced this will solve the issue since not all of my high RX devices were S2 secured.

Not that I know of.
The Pro 2019 possibilities were these: you could revert from experimental to stable, but not from stable to an older stable

I am also back to 2019, but I had the 2023 for two months now, so I miss my improved version.

I have just thoroughly checked dev tools for the HP2019 and I really can’t see anything wrong. The highest RX is from a Fibaro sensor outdoor, which reports the most since light changes a lot today. Which is still only 1x per 40 seconds (at most). The average for relatively high RX devices is 1x per 3 minutes, and the general average is every 5 minutes. So, nothing Homey should get upset about.

Also; TX error is close to 0% on average. Where it was 100% on the HP2023.

Answer from Athom: “Het beste wat je eerst kunt doen om het systeem op de been te krijgen is om de Aeotec devices die reporten allemaal nieuwe ofwel ge-update interval settings te geven. Dit zou het Z-wave verkeer in ieder geval tot een normaal niveau moeten terug dringen en zou daarmee ook de TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_FAIL problemen op moeten lossen en je TX errors terug moeten brengen naar normale niveau’s.”

Which is impossible since the Z-Wave network is down so you cant save settings… :roll_eyes:

And what I also did, was for 75% of the sensors pulled the batteries out. Saved the settings slowly, but that didnt help. Something is really wrong with homey, Athom should acknowledge that asap, to start fixing it. 2019 pro is running perfect now.

1 Like

One Fibaro switch 2 that I included recently (unsecured) and that’s the only one coming with “too much z-wave traffic”. All of the rest z-wave devices migrated from HP2019 work fine.

The rest of your Z-wave devices can be controlled without issues?

I had no working network at all.
But it seems like a random bug, not really related to a specific device or security, if you ask me.

I set mine up from scratch

Just logged the issue with support but it is now saying that it can be 2-3 weeks before the issue is looked into.
Very frustrating - atm my homey is completely useless.

Homey, do you really think that it is good for your reputation that your many Z-Wave users have to wait 2-3 weeks for you to have time to correct the error in your latest software update?

2 Likes

I feel like we are encountering a miss communication here, the 2-3 weeks is the responds time from support because they are getting more support requests then they can handle.
The issue is already known with Athom, and is probably already being worked on by Athom to be fixed, and assuming they can find the issue, that won’t take the same amount of weeks to fix that support needs to respond.

3 Likes

Only for information:

I have 40+ Z-wave devices, migrated from HP2019 to HP2023. Z-Wave components included as Insecure with Unz-Cure App in HP2019.

No issues with Z-Wave, lots of traffic, RC133.

Regards
Marius

Good to hear there are also positive experiences!

1 Like

Hello
My problem is solved.
I found out that your latest software update had disabled the z ware devices.
After a system reboot, the devices worked again.

Sincerely
Jan Severin

Jus good the same problem with my Homey since yesterday evening .
Software Rc122

I’ve added a day before 4 Abus (heiman) which can’t by migrated due o a missing App from 2019 to 2023

daniel,
i had the same issue, but after checking via the developper tools, i found out i had 4 devices whom were chatty, i removed those 4 and everything is stable again. maybe worth to check on your setup

The issue seems to come random but does not go away until reboot. The chatty devices are sensors which worked perfect before (fibaro). Removing them is not an option, as that is the sole purpose of having homey. Why they are so chatty with homey 2023 and not 2019 is I think the real question/issue for athom to solve.

2 Likes

see it as a temporary solution, in the meanwhile athom is working on a better solution, since this is their core business.

Same problem here, only 34 Z-Wave devices.

It’s a fresh installation, installed it from a Homey Pro 2019 backup yesterday.

I had more Z-Wave issues:

• The migration instruction says that after recovering the backup all Z-Wave devices will work. This was not the case. Homey showed all devices but dev-tools showed no nodes. Probably because the Home Group ID was different. Had to pair all Z-Wave devices as new and remove the old stale ones.
  • A few Z-Wave devices completely disappeared (some time later) from Homey after re-pairing.

Software version 10.0.0-rc.122

Update: tried to change the report intervals on chatty devices but Homey (or Z-Wave) won’t let me, “Failed to set…”.

did you try ptp, and wait for 10 minutes before plugging it in again?