Homey pro 2023 - zwave too much traffic error?

Hi … want to try … but how do that ?

i have only issues with aeotec smart switches reporting at 1 min ( and that is rediculous on its own )

All my build in fibaro works fine though.

But not sure how to change what to 00000

1 Like

Take a look here in this Thread for e.g. Aeotec ZW075. Think, but not sure, you can try the settings:

https://community.homey.app/t/homey-pro-2023-zwave-too-much-traffic-error/84036/222

@CyberSponk

Thanks for trying to help !

But i can not make out where to change what in the advanced settings.

How to set security off with “00000”
I have nothing in the app about security…

Do I enter in “ raw configuration parameters “
And if yes … what do i enter exactly ?

Homey > Your Device > Settings > Advanced Settings (think it is Advanced Settings > Erweiterte Einstellungen) at the Bottom.

Then you should see all Parameters of the Device. When tapping on a Paramter to change you see the Number and Description for this Paramter.

You have to change the Settings on each Device and not in the Settings of the App.

I think you missed the “during pairing” part of their messages.
You can include S2 (Authenticated) device unsecure by inputting “00000” during pairing when the code is asked (so only during pairing).
If the device only has S0 security, then it will always include unsecure in Homey
If the device has security S2 (Unauthenticated) (then it won’t ask for a code during pairing), if you want to include such a device unsecure you’ll need an app that can flag the “force unsecure inclusion” to on, but currently that app is not available as it was only on the community appstore.

1 Like

Yes i have all of that … and no issue in adapting all those settings.

But where can i switch the SECURITY off ?
Or include without security

Think @Caseda wrote it above.

1 Like

@ caseda

AHA … yes that is what is missed :+1:

Not sure if it works without app you talk about.

I have 2 Aeotec smart switch 7 that go crazy in developer despite report interval now on 60 seconds also tried 5 mins and even 10 mins )

Do you happen to know if “00000” will work during pairing with those switches ?

EDIT … and an AEOTEC sensor 6

That’s like asking if I know every device by heart :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It is completely up to the manufacturer (and age as both S2 aren’t that old, relatively) if it support either S0, S2 (Authenticated) or S2 (Unauthenticated).
So all I can say is, if it asks for the code during pairing, then yes, then it will include unsecure with “00000” as DSK code.

If it will fix the “too much traffic” message, I don’t know.

Okidokie

Will give it a shot next week ( does ask for code )

It does not fix it.

1 Like

I’m done with it, going back to the Pro 2019. Z-Wave doesn’t work at all now for a couple of days. Not working even every now and then, it’s completely useless.

Edit: So, I lied. Z-Wave works for a couple of minutes after a reboot. But within ten minutes it fails.

This is with version 10.0.2-rc.1.

Well, can’t recover en 2023 backup to a 2019 and since I was fortunate enough to loose all Z-Wave devices when upgrading to 2023 (because the Home Group ID was changed) I can again repair ALL my Z-Wave devices.

Athom should get their shit together, this is unacceptable.

2 Likes

No offence, but ehh… Have you concidered not downloading rc’s? They r release candidates, not stable versions.

I was on stable. I changed it to RC today hoping my Z-Wave would come back to life.

Ah, I see! Fucked up. I feel sorry for ya

I’ve set Fakro blinds Poll Interval to 10 seconds or even 30 seconds and still Homey complains it “sending a lot of z-wave messages. Please check the device configuration to prevent network congestion” (version 10.0.1)

Ther is a update again Homey Pro (Early 2023) Changelog | Homey

1 Like

I updated Homey to 10.0.3-rc.4. Got the too much traffic error within five minutes after the reboot.

Generate a report and send it to Athom in the ticket you have or on slack is reply on the new firmware.