Homey pro 2023 - zwave too much traffic error?

Ther is a update again Homey Pro (Early 2023) Changelog | Homey

Thanks for this. I have updated to 10.0.2 which the changelog references for Z-Wave: "
Fixes a bug where detection of chatty devices had no baseline", but it made no difference for me.
It also shows a v10.0.3-rc.4 and says “You can update Homey Pro manually by visiting More → Settings → Updates in the iOS / Android app.”, but not in the case of the Android App (7.3.0.1249). It doesn’t show any further updates after 10.0.2 even if I turn off 'automatic.

You have to enable experimental updates on the developers page.

1 Like

Thanks, even with v10.0.3-rc.4 installed, the issues remain. It seems Homey is overwhelmed with z-wave traffic from several devices (including Fakro, as detailed here, even though their poll interval is set to 120000 ms)

Why can’t they go back with the zwave code to the first versions they published with the roll out?

At my Homey the problems started with the first rc versions
Before zwave worked good and fast

4 Likes

Exactly! Now over 6 weeks further because of this, where the solution could be to go back to the working version, and find a fix for the non working one in the meantime.

5 Likes

I just installed the latest RC. Now 50 devices working without a timeout. In the developer still a lot of communication to note with a small margin of error. Only sometimes a little more patience is needed when adding a new device (2-3 times). Am I confident? No, certainly not yet, but less complaining people at home :slight_smile:

1 Like

And that is?

1 Like

10.0.3-rc.4 :wink:

No change for me, still doesn’t not work with the latest RC

Waited with migration until after the summer holidays, hoping for a stable 2023 version by then. But reading this and with 60% of my devices being Z-wave, I will just need to wait a bit longer…

@Jo_San What type/manufacturer do you have on your z-wave devices?

I also thought I would run into problems (did read this thread too late when I already migrated to the HC2023). I have today 114 z-wave devices connected to my HC 2023, all but 5 sirens and one dimmer plug are Fibaro devices. The Sirens are AeoTec & Evergreen and the Dimmer Plug is an Evergreen. I now have no issues at all in my setup.

But to be honest, I have had problem and seen this error, but it was my own fault based on how I had built my Flows. I had several Flows that in parallel turned on/off many lights, that caused the problem for me but after changing from parallel on/off to daisy chain on/off the problem went away.

1 Like

the solution is to build in a retry after x time…

@Pixi Stop spreading this bullshit.

1 Like

please be kind it works for me, did it not work for you?

1 Like

Most devices are Fibaro single/double/dimmer devices, only one other Zwave Remote (heatit). But as I understand the issues are also with Fibaro devices.
My 2019 system works flawless for a long time now… Migrating feels to much as a gamble to me at the moment.

i have the most issues with fibaro devices with old firmware…

Pixi’s solution does not work (for me). Sometimes homey works again after a few minutes , but sometimes not for hours anymore. So retrying and waiting for hours until the light goes on is not really an option for me.
Rebooting homey also same thing: you never know how long it will work.

The zwave devices I have, are all quite new (less than one year old). They are though mostly fibaro, but aeotec gave the same issue.

Athom is the sole answer to this issue imho.

I agree if my work around does not work, you should contact, or wait for a solution from athom. hopefully this new release would provide some relief for our home automation friends here… Homey Pro (Early 2023) Changelog | Homey

It is a horrible fix (also because it might even cause problems, it increases the amount of messages, it ignores the real problem and people might not notify Athom, and it might create false expectations ) and it does not fix the error about which this topic was started. That error is continuous and not caused by one device that doesn’t respond and after that does. The way you are portraying it it sounds like a normal solution (which again, it isn’t and it shouldn’t be) for that problem. If it helps when one device sometimes doesn’t respond, great. But that’s something else.

@Martijn_C , this is a community forum, where people share their solutions, if it does not fix your issue, i am sorry to hear that, but please be kind we are all users and not the the supplier of this device. in short you are barking to the wrong tree…

2 Likes