[Homey Pro 2023] Problems, issues and bugs

Are you sure it’s Aquara or Xiaomi ? Can you check the ModelID on Homey Developer Tools ?

I checked;

1x lumi.sensor_motion
6x lumi.sensor_motion.aq2

That’s Xiaomi.

That’s Aquara and working fine in my case - I have 3 of them.

Do you see their network addresses on Homey Developer Tools ? Have you tried to restart your Homey ? (I know it’s obvious but you never know)

Add them again without removing before, ignore the message that it is already connected, ather adding, restart the App and wait some time (min. 30 min.) to see if they are connecting again.

Yes tried everything. I think the problem is solved (for how long i don’t know). What i did the first time, i added 2 INNR SP120 as zigbee routers, and then add all the battery devices. That gave a lot of problems.

So what I tried now; Resetted the Zigbee network, then added the devices. No routers this time, just battery devices. I did not use the SP120’s as smart sockets, just as router. This seems to work for now. Only problem is reach, but i’ll fix that with the homey bridge when zigbee router becomes functional.

First my Homey Pro 23 was online offline in the webapp, now it happens a lot also with the mobile app.
Never had anything like this with the HP19, untill it broke down of course, but the HP23 is unreachable several times a day, not to mention the times I don’t check the app for something.

Do I have to open some ports manually? I am already using the new power adapter. These issues started on my HP19 as well just before it died completely. HP23 is now a little over a week in use.

Most of the times it goes back online again, after several minutes, but this can’t be normal right?

Very very disappointed.

Missing some details but I do hope you have submitted diag. report to Athom, correct ?
On top of that, maybe you can provide high level figures from this script ? [Homey Pro] overview script

Creating a diagnostics report times out.

Restart Homey and try again

I have similar issues, not getting contact, was stuck in crash mode but now the device is pulsating blue - setup mode. However, I can’t connect to it. On my account page, I don’t have any Homey either, maybe that can be an issue, not sure.

I think the wifi is just bad or broken on my unit. Connected the LAN adapter and no more issues since then.

Mine seems to lose wifi connection a lot. I get messages every four minutes (or so) that my other network devices are offline, then a minute later that they’re online again…

When you have a wifi mesh system with several AP’s,
it is probably hopping between two (or more) AP’s very often;
try to let Homey use a fixed AP, by using MAC address filtering, or Band Steering, and/or lower the transmit power on distant AP’s.

I have the same problem. Purchased the network plug - problem is still there.

Is it normal that Homey Pro 2023 is very, very unstable, loses connection in the Apps (the lights show spectrum), but no response from the system. Will try to do a factory reset of it, but this is very, very unstable… :frowning:

No that is not normal of course. But unless you provide way more information about your apps and devices, wifi equipment and describe the exact problem(s), no one here will be able to help you any further.

1 Like

I had similar issues until i replaced the usb-c cable.
Specially through the utp adapter the standard one caused lots of issues.

So here it what I figure out:

1. System was setup and working fine for about 1 month, then:
  2. The APP reports no contact with Home Pro 2023 hub.
  3. Confirm on the network that the device was online (Wifi Connected, it response to ping).
  4. PTP the device, I see with the light that system crashes (goes in red), system reboot, then start up and it intermediate response on the app, then it stops again (network is up)…
  5. Response on the zwave network extremly slow (for the flows which passes through the Homey)
  • like working on a vsat system, you say hi, then give it a couple of sec and it “response”. (even App has no contact)
  1. Found out in the developer page under zwave log error: TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_FAIL (when system was “reacable”
  2. Follow the guide on here: Common Z-Wave Error messages – Homey Support
  3. Found out that Fibaro App automatically add the Smoke detectors with the default setting to send "temperatur measurement every 1 sec, tried to update that to 120sec interval
  4. No effect on the transmit
  5. Factory reset the hub and restore the backup (all zigbee devices lost, zwave which was working is still working post “restoring factory reset”.
  6. Turn off all the Fibaro Smoke detectors (remove the batteries), no effect
  7. Started to factory reset all my devices which didn’t response at all, no effect, system still extremly slow.
  8. Got mad, factory reset the hub and all zwave devices to start from scratch.
  9. Unable to add a single zwave device with the system post factory rest the hub (working on other hub)

So you may say that my experiance with this is isn’t really good. This is my brother system and now we pretty much given up in Homey, sending that crap in return, am so glad I got KNX system where the stability is another league than zwave, and that because:

1. Homey lack any form for logging feature in the App or in the Dev login, example there is no logging which can guide you in a direction for why “zwave inclusion doesn’t work”
  • in system logging (example why was the container crashing!)
  • in zwave logging (not sure if this is zwave standard), but anything which can help the user pinpoint which bastard are jamming the zwave network (ref: TRANSMIT error).

So any advice what to do next, try yet another hub (Futurehome, Smarthings, Home Assistanse, as my success rate with Homey Pro is basically pretty bad now, or is there any reason for giving Homey Pro another chance ?

I may also say the Devices I uses are: Namron Zigbee and Zwave devices, Fibaro Smoke detectors and Qubino Dim dimmers. So that means Apps is: Namron, Fibaro and Qubino Official apps and nothing else…

If I understand correctly you are having (wifi) network problems and zwave problems.
Networking problems can occur when you have a Mesh network (multiple accesspoints transmitting the same wifi network(s)) or if you have devices disturbing the 2,4Ghz band.
The current Zwave implementation is known to have issues that affects some (I think many) users and Athom communicated that this has their #1 priority. So that could also explain your Zwave issues.

Don’t get me wrong, I fully understand your frustration. I have my 2019 Homey still running stable and therefore “patiently” waiting for Athom to fix these Zwave issues before I migrate. If I only had an unstable 2023 Homey, I do not think I would have been that patient and would also have looked for alternatives. The thing is, if it works stable, I do not think that there is a more versatile (and still user friendly) system than Homey…