[Homey Pro 2023] Problems, issues and bugs

I use a lot of zwave device, qubino and fibaro. The rest is ip/api based. I have no issues with the zwave devices, including my fibaro smoke Detectors (11 pieces). But indeed there have been issues reported and acknowledged by Athom and firmware s have been released to aytempt to solve them.
Maje sure you are on the latest release of Homey os and monitor your zwave mesh, you might have a gap between devices causing the routes to use risky paths. Make sure they (the non battery ones) are all visible and makes sense in the command routing

Does anyone, like me, have problems with appliances, lights, etc. spontaneously turning on or off?

I have had this several times now with Smart plugs from different brands, including the more expensive Philips Smart Plugs.
Last night it was completely strange and also bizarre what happened, several smart plugs that were on went off and other smart plugs that were off went on. Also, wherever the light was off, the light came on spontaneously throughout the house.

I looked at various devices to see what was in the history and I saw that many devices had been contracted by Google, as this example indicates.

2023-10-04 12_11_00-Homey 2023 Alex and Astrid

Other devices were turned on or off by Mobile instead of Google.
There were also devices that showed no history at all but had indeed been turned on or off.
I and everyone else present at my home did not ask Google or turn anything on or off via the app (mobile) at the time this happened last night.

I also reported this to Athom but Iā€™m just wondering if Iā€™m the only one with this problem.

It isnā€™t a WiFi problem, as I said, I can see the device is connect, it response to ping. So for me this is more software based, that the container or what ever they using on the device actually is caching, not reaching their cloud services or something (again no logs available, so you just assume as no proof)

I do have other bridge, and bought this bridge as it ā€œadvertiseā€ as more friendly (you do not need to be automation expert to manage it), stable, more official support devices (no need for custom drivers etc). But it is far, far from there. If it has known zwave issue, well stop selling it until you fix it.

As I said, it was stable, until it all went down the drain, underless than a month in operation.

Maybe not a Wifi problem, but could still be a networking problem. Or, as you say, a fault in software. I do not recognize it, my 2023 (that is turned on but not doing much) does not have any Wifi connection issues.

I agree with you when it comes to the 2023 version. At some point these Zwave issues were introduced and it now seems that the chip manufacturer has to solve it and it has priority. That is all the information Athom has made public about it, while still selling it.
For some people it works flawless, for others it is a pain.
The 2019 version is actually doing what it should: stable as a rock. So I keep asking myself why I wanted to upgrade in the first place.

So, two options I think: 1. go for an alternative, or 2. patiently wait until it works stable, which I still believe it eventually willā€¦

Check your google home account and make sure you havenā€™t turned off ā€œAIā€. Which is your google home using so to find when it thinks you should automatically turn off devices.

I donā€™t have google home so Iā€™m not sure exactly what it is Called

There is no AI option in Google Home at this moment for as far as I have ssen.

Its called ā€œHunchesā€ on alexa, it will have a different name on Google.

FYI

Thread + Z-Wave + Wi-Fi & Bluetooth

I have an issue where Iā€™m missing the latest status of devices, but killing the app and restarting updates it.

Happens on latest iOS with latest official Homey App:

Example; No lights are reported being on at current time.

Kill and restart app - updated status.

Recognizable problem, I have often indicated to Athom that live updating of information and device statuses does not always work well. certainly not outdoors.

I have exactly the same issue. Have you raised it as a bug with Athom yet?

Whatever the reason for that, I often donā€™t see an update on an immediate change. For instance if I activate a flow that switches some lights on, the app doesnā€™t update to indicate the state change.

Most of the time it does, but itā€™s not reliable.