My latest experiments had some positive effect:

What I basically did was a homey script to regularily query some internet address/web page and have it executed every n minutes. The result of this I was sending to a local Synology DNS set up as syslog server (using the respective community app). I suppose the local syslog does not do the trick because I had a flow to just log to it without any change. But as soon as I had a regular cron job to query an internet address the Homey cloud connectivity survived for multiple days. Yesterday evening I deactivated all those “probing” flows and the web-based connect was down again. So rebooted using mobile and reactivated the flows… Will let you know if scheduled “Internet pings” somehow prevent the cloud connection to stay up. Actually I had two scripts. One with a hostname, the other one with a remote IP. Somehow I suppose DNS is failing, if not used by Homey, but just a hypothesis… Otherwise I could not explain why the network connectivity is generally fine and one can trigger flows to other local stuff like a lan connected Hue bridge or to a local server and just the cloud connectivity is down.

Example homeyscript.js. To be combined with some cron task, if anyone wants to try… Every 10mins was enough.

Cheers, Michael

const url = 'https://api.chucknorris.io/jokes/random'; // or something else
const resStatus = await fetch(url);
if (!resStatus.ok) {
  throw new Error(resStatus.statusText);
}

const json = await resStatus.json();
const quote = json.value;
const result = url + ": " + quote;
log (result);
return result;
4 Likes