Homey location not working after update iPhone tot iOS 15

Already have those settings. Doesn’t work.

1 Like

“Should”, but works only if the app is not closed on iOS.

Today I was not recognized again until I opened the app, even though the app was open in the background. After opening the app, I also received push messages which should have been sent much earlier.

Mine started becoming unreliable again a few weeks ago to the point it’s not viable to use.

Athom say that it’s Apples fault but I recently started using Home Assistant.

That works perfectly every time. Ive also found its mostly very accurate and responsive when it hits the defined boundary point. I get it to send me a push notification when I arrive , or leave …

Location also not working on my wife’s phone (iPhone 13 - running IOS 15). It was all working for me (iPhone 12 with IOS15). But since last week I also have problems again with the location. The Homekit is working ok (when the iPad stays home), so I have a work around.

Has anyone seen this error message?

This seems to do something to geofencing

J

Still no new updates or improvements unfortunately…

I think they just don’t care…

No statement has been made by them even though it’s had a ton of attention and complaints on here.

They have been quoted on Slack saying that it’s Apples fault… They sometimes show up on Slack. Rarely visit here (their own discussion forum).

My Home Assistant runs perfectly … Apple problem eh :wink:

Tbh it’s a community forum.

Rarely enough there are also some other apps (Nuki for example) that have the same issues since iOS15 and they also blame it on Apple. But on the other hand there are apps enough that just work… I would also report it to Apple (feedback assistant).

1 Like

They created it. They own it. It’s for their product.

If you ask me it’s utter madness that they don’t read it (so everyone tell’s me) they rarely interact with it , they don’t monitor customer feedback, don’t interact with their customers , don’t keep their users informed of planned future design changes , “don’t advise their customers of major faults and issues”

I find it crazy, but maybe it’s just me :crazy_face:

Yes this forum is used by the community but equally “they” also need to participate in it … It’s for their sh@t … :slightly_smiling_face:

They created it for the community to use, not to use for themselves, hence it being a Community forum, and also not to see all the complaints you have of them, if they would do that, they would have to do the same with their facebook, instagram and youtube pages, which they don’t, but also created by them.
You forgot to put yourself above the cloud castle saying you are “god” and better then Athom.

PS: You might want to dim down a bit with bashing on Athom, just saying.

1 Like

Good day all,

Do you have news on this issue?

We are all suffering from it. Some sort of update is appreciated.

Cheers

Speak for urself. Locative never let’s u down.

2 Likes

Didn’t know that one. Was using Homekit but like this (Locative App) solution better. Privacy is also ok?

If u want privacy best don’t tell anyone that ur coming home. Locative didn’t ever let me down. 100% accurate app for me.

Good point :sweat_smile:. Thnx

1 Like

Thanks for this alternative! Works like a charm!

I will never go back to the unreliable Homey geofencing again.

3 Likes

I guess with Locative and Home Assistant working perfectly it’s definitely not a problem with Apple …

1 Like

Maybe it is already mentioned. When you don’t shut down the app homey works oké. So keep it running on the background.

I also using the same workaround with a second app. They say this is As Designed.