Homey location not working after update iPhone tot iOS 15

I am at iOS 15 and my wife at iOS14. When I put myself away or asleep, the flows with presence doesnt work even when I test these flows. My presence gives red cross and my wife presence gives green mark. So the whole presence doesnt work with iOS15.

A lot of my flows works with presences. Now the Homey is kind of useless. Dont get it why Homey doesnt test when a new iOS version with big changes is coming out.

1 Like

Pls Share your Flow or a Screenshot,
If your Test Fails in an And … card That condition isn’t true,
But that has nothing to do with the topic that coming home or leaving using an iPhone on iOS 15 doesn’t work with the Mobile App version 6.9.x

Both are asleep. My user (owner) does nothing, even if I manualy change status. Sleep, wake, away, home, nothing works anymore. All my flows stuck at my user. Changing my status doesnt has an affect. Before when i was on iOS 14 I had no problems.

So probably you marked Marit sleeping and yourself as NOT sleeping?
Then the Flow does not run.

As Said:

But that has nothing to do with the topic that coming home or leaving using an iPhone on iOS 15 doesn’t work with the Mobile App version 6.9.x

So Pls open an Topic to get Help on a Flow that doesn’t work as expected.
Mixing up multiple different problems in one topics doesn’t help solving both.

1 Like

I finally found my problem. Some other user in this topic advised to delete the user on iOS 15 and add again to solve the location issue. Thats why my status doesnt worked anymore. You have to remove all the presence cards and add again, because the old user dont exist anymore.

Still the location doesnt work.

Where did you remove the user in Homey or iPhone ? (Apple ID?)

Homey

Any new experiences with iOS 15.1?

Still working for me.

Still the same for me. To update my location, I have to open the homey app.

Same here. iOS 15.1 (iPhone XS) / Homey 7.1.4

I see no solution also in 15.2 beta. Is there any communication by Athom?

Yep. They blame Apple and say Apple is working on a solution.

1 Like

For mee the same. It still doesn’t work. For now I use Homekit to trigger Home/Away.

It’s funny you ask that.

I was on Slack the other day. Apparently Athom have known about the cause for some time.

Well “supposed” cause according to them. I’m not totally convinced. They say it’s due to a bug with Apple. If that was the case then the whole internet would be melting down right now. I don’t hear of any issues with any other apps.

It’s great they lets us know… I wasted a f@ck ton of time tinkering around with my system trying to get it to work. Lots of hours wasted :grimacing:

After updating on iOS 15 me and my wife had also problems with our Nuki smartlock. Here is a related article from Nuki.
We also noticed that Apple’s internal “Where is?” feature no longer worked reliably after iOS 15 update, also the iOS third party app Geofency.
However, these problems seems to have been fixed since iOS 15.1.
I can’t say if currently Homey’s localization works, because we use a workaround with HomeKit.

I have iOS15.1 installed but the issue remains.

Thanks…

I did a bit of Googling around this morning. It looks like some IOS apps have had issues with Geofencing but I haven’t seen a world wide breakdown with plenty of apps still operating fine.

I really can’t say what is the true cause of this but I’m tending to stick with my previous theory that Apple might of just made changes to how their Geofencing system works and it’s just that some App developers haven’t caught up with making changes to suit the new changes…

As an alternative, ok let’s just say this is an apple bug as claimed by Athom and it’s nothing to do with their App, it appears that they had known about it for awhile but choose not to inform us …(their own customers on their own website).

Absolute laziness…

I don’t know about you guys but I (possibly needlessly) wasted many hours trying to get my system to work…

Maybe Athom need’s to workout what this thing is for …

1 Like

It works with me perfectly with IOS15.

iOS 15 has the option to hide your location and can result in location recognition not working. Set the following:

• in IOS app setting on your IPhone: always allow location updates for the Homey app
  • in the Homey app: manually set your home location and enable ‘use home-away settings.

Compare in IOS maps, if your manually set location is equal to what maps indicates as your location.

This should work for everyone.

1 Like