Homey location not working after update iPhone tot iOS 15

For me IOS 15 does not work, and every option mentioned (background data/refresh) in this thread is set as suggested. My wife is still on IOS 14, and it works for her.

1 Like

It seems to work that way, but it isnt after all. I have to open the Homey app to update my location. So no solution. My wifes iphone on iOS 14 has no problems.

2 Likes

For the past four days it has been working correctly on my phone. I don’t know why, I didn’t change a thing.

1 Like

I have been away from home twice today, and I just realized that it worked the first time (with IOS 15) but not the second time. So now, I would say that it works with IOS 15 - yet highly unreliable :roll_eyes:

Strange. No problem here. I used iOS 15 beta and iOS15 without problems with Homey location

An FB group member solved it by disallowing the Homey phone app “allow location access”, and next, allowing location access again.

It seems to work now for me. What I did was delete all users including the main one (temporarily making someone else owner) and add the users again. I do not know for sure if this did the trick or not.

Same problem here, With an iphone 12pro and iOS 15. Before the update it worked fine for years.

Sorry I haven’t followed the whole thread incase anyone has already mentioned this.

I’ve had intermittent issues. One thing I have observed is when ever it’s lost track of my position/location , or it doesn’t register that I left my house is if I restart the Homey APP on my iPhone the the system will then update and recognises where I am…

I made a workaround with the homey app “lokatie en aanwezigheid”. That works!

This worked for me.

Edit: Today it doesnt work. Only update location after opening the Homey app :cry:

1 Like

For me the same. Homey location does not work anymore.

For now I have created 2 virtual buttons in Homey. They will be triggered by the Geofence of HomeKit.
This temporally solution works.

I hope Athom will have an update of the app available soon.

I had to do the trick again indeed, because it was again not working. I think it now stopped working after a homey update. Now it works again. I also needed to “update” the flows in which family members were in the equation. I hope it will get more stable.

Same here, updated to iOS 15. Both the iPhones are not tracked anymore by homey. I tried turning off and on the location permissions for Homey, tried to turn it off and on in settings and in the homey app. Restarts won’t help either.

Here same problem. Also Nuki doesn’t respond to Geo Location since IOS15

Same problem here. Since iOS15, it works for 1 or 2 days. Then Homey doesn’t see me leaving the house anymore.

Only option is to delete the Homey app and install it again. It will then work again for 1-2 days and then stop. But obviously that’s not a workable solution for the long term…

We (me and my wife, iPhone X and iPhone 8) have exactly the same issues after updating to iOS 15.

Return+leave at the same moment or Tracking only after opening the Homey App

Very disappointing, since I have several flows based on “When the first person returns/leave home…” :thinking:

1 Like

A new Homey app is available in the Apple App Store for download, version 6.9.2. I have been using this version via TestFlight for several weeks and I have had no problems after iOS 15 update.

I have installed the niew app V6.9.2.823.
The update does not solve the problem. If you close the app, so it is not running in the background, home/away does not work.

1 Like

New update didn’t for work me either in the beginning, but did after turning on/off location in both Homey as iOS settings. Changing this didn’t help previously, but does with the new app. For me at least…