Homey 2.0 Heating Scheduler and Alarm/Security functions

I can’t see a demo/review of Homey 2.0 anywhere to those of you using 2.0, can you confirm if there are any proper heating scheduler or alarm/security functions?

(I know there was some talk about these for more than a year being part of 2.0, but can’t see any discussion about it now.)

A heating schedule was never mentioned and also not in homey v2, security (official) will be after homey v2.0 is in stable somewhere.
But there is always heimdal for this purpose that is being rewritten to v2 by the community developer now.

Without a supported app and separate flows for 14 thermostats each having 4 set points per day of each week, I’ll need 392 flows. There must be a better way.

1 Like

Any news on this? I don’t have to create as many flows as @K_S does but creating flows for schedules like this sucks bigtime. Especially in an app instead of an a webpage using mouse and keyboard.

There was a great and working perfect heating schedule app in the store a year ago. IT was perfect in all its ways but the developer removed iT from github and the Appstore .
I search a lot for iT . They always say once its posted on the internet iT Will be there for ever . Guess what , this app is the exception . I could not find the latest stable version off iT anywhere anymore :pensive:

@MarcoRuiter I can get you a copy at version 1.0.0

Changelog

• initial stable release
    • verify bearer token after saving
    • logging output added to app settings
    • nest thermostat is working
    • condition card: current zone’s temperature is greater / less than (if available by device, the measured temperature will used, otherwise the target temperature)

Yes but the perfect working one was already at 1.2 or something . IT had a lot of improvements .

And i need to give Some love to weatherflow and the popp app first when i have Some time .

Maybee Nice if you can put iT on youre github then ill frok iT just in case

@Priknr1 was already working with a “newer version” but that was 0.1.0 or something like that?

What date is your version of @DaneedeKruyff ?

My copy is from 24 february 2017, think it’s the same version Patrick started with.

Files can be found here:

I indeed have no newer version than 1.0.0
I never started the rewrite to SDK2. It is out of my league.

Here is another “heating controller”, that will save you a lot of flows,

In beta:

In app store:

https://apps.athom.com/app/no.almli.heatingcontroller

Hi balmli thanks for this. Any chance you can put some screen shots together?

Comfort mode flow:

Can have a look here for more: https://balmli.github.io/no.almli.heatingcontroller/

I have started a new thread for this “heating controller”,

So if anyone is interested, please join the discussion there :slight_smile:

Hi, I made an app to tackle around that issues. Would be great if you could try and give some feedback:
https://apps.athom.com/app/app.mskg.homey-heating

Some quick look at the UI
https://homey-heating.mskg.app/

Hi Markus. Thanks. Looks very promising.

Some observations / feedback about the UI as requested, bearing in mind I don’t have Homey 2.0 yet (not ready/ not sure).

In some rooms I have more than one device (e.g. HeatIt thermostat for a bathroom floor, Danfoss Radiator thermostat, Fibaro Switch for Towel Rail).

• I assume I would have to create a seperate ‘heating plan’ for the floor and a separate one for the room radiator?

• I also assume your app finds devices known to Homey as heating devices, so I wouldn’t be able to add the Fibaro controlled towel rail because there’s no way to tell homey it’s a heating device?

• Or will your app allow any device to be switched or designated as a heating device?

On the scheduling UI

• the example shows a Monday but the first entry is a Sunday?
  • what do the colour codes mean? Is it temperature zones? If so, what are the zones?
  • is it possible to copy a daily schedule from day to other days (like weekdays vs weekends)?

Hi K_S,

Many thanks for the valuable feedback. You find my comments below:

• I assume I would have to create a seperate ‘heating plan’ for the floor and a separate one for the room radiator?

If their temperature has to be changed at different times of the day, yes. One plan, one schedule - but in my opinion that is not a limitation but makes it more transparent. Following your example: The floor heating is much slower than the thermostats; so yes, two plans.

• I also assume your app finds devices known to Homey as heating devices, so I wouldn’t be able to add the Fibaro controlled towel rail because there’s no way to tell homey it’s a heating device?
  • Or will your app allow any device to be switched or designated as a heating device?

It’s on my list to filter not by device type (e.g. thermostat) but the capability to adjust the temperature (Identify devices by capability not type · Issue #34 · mskg/homey-heating · GitHub). Not a big thing. Regretfully i haven’t found your device in the list here: Fibaro App for Homey | Homey. Is it support?

• the example shows a Monday but the first entry is a Sunday?

I assume, you are referring to the third image? The Edit Schedule dialog also always shows you the previous set point in logical sequence. The week is rolling, such previous to Monday is Sunday. You come from Sunday 23:00, 16° and switch to 18,5° on Monday 17:00. Was that clear?

• what do the colour codes mean? Is it temperature zones? If so, what are the zones?

Expresses my wife’s feeling for the temperature. Blue cold, green warmer but “eco,” orange warm, red - you better undress :slight_smile:

• is it possible to copy a daily schedule from day to other days (like weekdays vs weekends)?

The top-right symbol on the third image. Allows you to specify to which week days you want the source to be applied to.

You definitely need to migrate to 2.0 - can’t await your live feedback.

Looking forward
Markus

Hi Markus,

I am also interested in solving an association of the thermostats with a switch that activates a heater in case some of the thermostats is heating.

The Fibaro switch (Relay switch) I use, is able to be set as a Heater, but it has no capability to adjust the temperature. It is only on/off and currently I have to control it with additional logic based on comparison of the current and the target temperatures. It would be nice to control it via your Heating Scheduler, or at least to implement more general solution - additional trigger - Heating_is_on true/false.

BTW, I like your application. It helps me a lot!
Zdenko