Ten years of Homey — Ask Me Anything 💬

When might there be ‘proper’ (Athom-developed and Athom-supported) apps (or better yet, browser-based UI) for heating scheduling and security alarm?

In pre-purchase dialogue with ‘Bram’ (an Athom co-founder?) in Mar 2018 it seemed these were ‘being worked on’, but never materialised.

Then somebody mentioned an app for heating that had been withdrawn, and then some community developers made their own versions, which unfortunately aren’t updated very often and remain with some long standing unresolved bugs.

Similarly, for security there was reference to an ‘official’ development, but nothing ever appeared, except another community app, which I see is popular among Homey technical enthusiasts, but suffers the same limitations as the heating schedulers from a normal person’s point of view in the sense that the UI is extremely cumbersome and complicated given the limitations of the app>settings real estate and UI available.

It really surprised me that Homey never got around to this, as both these 2 common/basic bits of home automation were built-into other home automation controllers like here and here, as out-of-the-box features.