Homey heating scheduler

Homey heating scheduler for Athom Homey

Made by @Markus

Easily control the temperature of your thermostats.

How does this work and what can it do on Homey?

This app controls the target temperature if your thermostats based on (many) heating plans . A heating plan is list of set points. At each set point, the associated target temperature is applied to a list devices.

A heating plan can be associated with either zones or devices. If a heating plan is associated with a zone, the heating plan is associated with all themorstats inside that zone. Child zones are not evaluated (yet).

You can find more details, a short manual, as well as release notes online https://homey-heating.mskg.app.

Features

• Mobile friendly Configuration page allows easy editing. Plans and setpoints can be copied, configuration can be ex-/imported, overview of current set temperatures, ā€¦
  • Full flexibility Heating plans can be associated with zones or devices, in any combination.
  • Different szenarios for the same thermostats? Heating plans can be enabled and disabled, which allows flexible szenarios triggered by flow (see below).
  • Not at home? Homey heating scheduler supports different modes and associated exceptions: Automatic, One day at home, One day away, Sleeping, On holiday.
  • Manual control Each plan can be added as a virtual thermostat device to Homey. This allows to manually override the temperature per ā€œzone.ā€
  • Flow integration Set mode, enable/disable plan, apply plan, etc.
  • Optimal resouce management Your Homey is only utilized when there is something to do: No permanent polling or reading of temperatures in the background. The app only wakes up on setpoints.

Not what you expect? Than itā€™s probably not what I do at home. Feel free to add a feature request on GitHub.

Supported languages

• English
  • Dutch

Release notes

https://homey-heating.mskg.app/pages/releasenotes

Feedback

Anything doesnā€™t work? Please report issues at the issues section on GitHub or contact me on Slack.

Change Log

3 Likes

Hi, Iā€™ve just started to try this out. though Iā€™m not working with thermostats, Iā€™m using a fibaro motion sensor for temp and fibaro wall plug for turning panels on/off. worked great in fibaro HC2 but now Iā€™m trying to replicate this with Athom. is this supposed to work for this app?

Can someone please explain the difference between these two actions:

The first would translate as ā€˜activate heating scheduleā€™ the other as ā€˜apply heating scheduleā€™. I have difficulty to see the difference and the way it can be used.

Thanks!

Hello - does anyone know if this works with Homey v5.0?

Hello,
I donno why, but it seems that from firmware 7.1.4, heating scheduler app is not setting temperature correctly. I didnā€™t changed anything in app configuration and I have all schedules same, but form unknown reasons some thermostats fail to get correct target_temperature when itā€™s time.

Restart of application usually helps and it sets temperature correctly - but currently it seems like Iā€™ll need to restart app several times a dayā€¦

Iā€™m watching. I havenā€™t noticed yet.

Hi,

I have several zones with HeatIt thermostats for electric under floor heating as well as Popp trvs for radiators.

Heating schedules are set with only the HeatIt thermostats selected as devices and no zones selected, but the radiator trvs are adopting the HeatIt set temperature controlled by heating schedules.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Please help. How do I pair a Sonoff thermometer SNZB-02 with a virtual thermostat to control the direct heater. It doesnā€™t show me the current room temperature correctly.

Re SDK3 support, in case someone would wonder - Homey SDK3 support Ā· Issue #171 Ā· mskg/homey-heating Ā· GitHub

Hello

Just in case someone else has the same bug with homey heating scheduler these daysā€¦
(I have already open a ticket at athom)

Every few hours (~5-10 ?), my homey heating scheduler app crashes.

I have upgraded my homey pro (2019) to the latest version 8.1.2 recently.
From this upgrade, every few hours (~5-10 ?), my homey heating scheduler app crashes.

symptoms :

• The app is seen as in pause in the app list
  • When going in the app configuration, i have an error page instead of the normal config page (type errorā€¦ undefined is not a function, near ā€œa mapā€. see screen captures)
  • The flows using the app cards are flagged and the cars designed as ā€˜not availableā€™
  • The error is not seen by system (card ā€œan app failedā€) => no way to get any alert or restart it automatically.

If I restart the app all seems solved for some time, so iā€™ll restart it every 6 hours till bug solved.

I donā€™t have any issues and Iā€™m on the same version of firmware like you areā€¦so it must be something else. Maybe try to backup and restore config of Heating scheduler in the settings.

Thatā€™s typically a sign that the app was using too much memory (check Insights): when an app uses more than 80MB of RAM, it gets paused.

The issues with the app settings are likely caused by the app not actually running.

Hi,

Youā€™re right, the app went from a standard use of around 20/25 Mo to suddenly 80 Mo, thus stopped.

I have tried the backup option. current memory is ok.
I also removed som :, Ć© characters from the last modification i did, just in case !

1 Like

the problem seems solvedā€¦

So avoid : and accents in Heating scheduler ā€¦

Any good replacement for Homey Heating Scheduler, as Markus is unfortunately for months not responding? Last update 3 years ago, so Iā€™m giving up.

Alarms? Advanced scheduler?

FYI, great news - 2023 Support Ā· Issue #173 Ā· mskg/homey-heating Ā· GitHub

Iā€™m using the heating scheduler app to control the set points on my heating thermostats.

I also have a hot water heater that wants to be run on a scheduler. This is different because there isnā€™t a readable thermostat - itā€™s just got a fixed point (60 degrees c), and I have a zwave relay which switches it on and off.

Is there value to using the heating scheduler app to control the water heating relay?

Can I make it work without a thermostat? If I use a VTherm device how would I configure it? There isnā€™t a readable set point.

Thanks for any ideas.

Radio silence on this request. Am I the only one doing this?

Not sure if with this app, but some time ago I have switched to Advanced Scheduler App for Homey | Homey and this isnā€™t dependent on the Thermostat.
More over it allows more use cases, eg. tracking different schedules for different things, eg. heating, high/low electricity tariffs and many more.

The app 2.0.7 has stopped working for me. I get failed to set thermostatā€¦(not_ready) messages. Does anyone know a fix?
Homey pro23 10.3.0.rc12

You can use vthermo app.

Your relay must be configured as a heating device in the room where you have also a temperature sensor.
You create a vthermo in this room, it should get the current temperature, and automatically pilot the heater.

Have a good day