Google text to speech (tts)

Thank you so much!

@denniedegroot Thanks for make it work again. Is it oossible to make the speech volume only an option? Now google hub always adjusts the volume before speaking. I want to use the actual volume of hub. However the fix volume is also of use. Many thanks appreciate.

EDIT: srry I just noted that if I leave it at zero than it goes actual hub volume.

Does anyone has same problem?: When having group of speakers in GH and I set the group to TTS then I still get only one speaker reacting.

Yep, I’m experiencing the same issue…

I did not try it yet, will it work when you use multiple cards to activate them one by one?
Also… You probably already know, but your volume is at 0%.

Yes, to set multiple cards is a workaround here and works fine. I just wanted to check the group if its general or my issue. You always want to keep as less cards as possible.

See my previous post, the volume 0 means Homey will not push the new volume adjustment on the slider and google speaks with its current volume. So it is fine.

Ah great! Thanks for the 0% info.
I ll check the multiple speakers once I’m home

This is indeed a new function, great to have, solves the problem that we had in the previous version, where the slider was default on 0% and we had to change all flows with settings or we did not hear the speaker.

I have the feeling that it could be a Google problem. My groups have problems in the Google home app as well.

Is it possible to change the Ducht TTS voice of an other Dutch TTS voice or change the picot and speed? This one is a bit slow and not nice to listen if you compare it to the mail voice of the Google nest Mini.

Not sure, but you can try to change the “spraak” settings in Homey settings.

I checked this but this is a app related thing. I hope the app will be updated with the new TTS engine for a better sound.

2 Likes

Would it possible to make a change to the app to support other voices? The Norwegian voice is very poor, and sounds like a robotic voice from the 80’s…

1 Like

I just pusblished (in review atm) a solution for this:
Google TTS to URL.

This way you can trigger all device that accept a URL.

1 Like

Any idea when it will be available, @Arie_J_Godschalk ?

I hope today, but Athom is letting me sweet if they will alow it…
It works perfectly tho.
When I get to publish (or not) ill set my repository to non-private.

Its now not only Google TTS to URL but the NEW Google Cloud TTS and i allready put in a lott of the options, like voice pciking (and there are way more then they old Google TTS), pitching, speed, SSML!!!

So lets hope that i may publish it…

Thanks. :slight_smile:
Any way I could get early access to test? :wink:

sure, PM me your mail and ill add you

Done! :grinning::+1:t2: