Google text to speech (tts)

Oh wow, that sounds awesome!! Hope to see it soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems its gonna be published any day now, i need to update my readme and stuff.
See you soon.

Allready made a topic, will be filling it later.
Google Services, new App for new Text-to-Speech for any device with speaker output and url input - Apps - Homey Community Forum (athom.com)

1 Like

You could place it in the community app store if athom refuses it.

@Arie_J_Godschalk Would love to test it too if you like… :slight_smile:

sure PM your mail

1 Like

No, it seems the are gonna approve, just needed some small changes in readme mainly

1 Like

No, the default Google TTS is not setable, been trying to do that for years :wink:
Homey talks like a girl out of my smart watch with that Dutch female voice.

Same problem here, however broadcast does work on all speakers, only speakergroups do not work properly.

Since a few days Google TTS isn’t talking to us.
Read several posts from others on Facebook, but no one found the cause and the solution.

So I am hoping to find it here.

I have the same problem like @MichelS …Today I tried to make very simple flow (just trigger Google Nest Mini 2 to say “Hello”) but without response.

1 Like

The Homey app GoogleTTS has stopped working since a few days, no voice to Google Home mini and Google Nest mini, do more users also have problems with this? Or do I have to fix this locally? PTP and app reset and app reinstall already done.
I still can cast to these speakers.
On facebook also many complains.

2 Likes

Suddenly it works again :heart:

Lucky you, im still suffering from it, with deleting tts and chromecast from my homey now i even lost one of my speakers in homey… readding wont work “cant find new chromecastdevice” tts still gives just the pingsound on my other speaker

1 Like

Don’t think it’s a problem created by Homey/ app, but probably a google firmware update.

Maybe @denniedegroot can solve it?

Without any chance it stopped working again :face_with_head_bandage:

After many messages on FB groups I can say, but it’s not hard evidence:
It seems ziggo users experience more tts issues than kpn (v10) users.
I use the tts app since oct '20 without any hickups and several V10 users confirmed this.

Unfortunately also with v10 KPN, I have the same prolems on Home-mini and Nest-mini.

It is a really strange phenomenon, Jan.
If it’s Google, or the app, every user would experience the errors.
I’d say it has something to do with datafiltering of some kind, but it’s guessing.
I’ve got a home mini, nest mini, Lenovo alarm clock and a chromecast

My existing flows still work. New ones won’t…

Just chiming in to confirm I am experiencing the issue as well, but just on one of 2 Nest Mini’s (both on 1.54.250118 FW). I do hear the “pong” start sound that indicates the device starts doing something, but no TTS voice.