Gardena what is needed?

Hi!

I just got an email from athom that said that gardena is now supported. Which sounds awesome! But it fails to mention what controller is needed? Do I need both the gateway and irrigation controller?

Cheers!

https://apps.athom.com/app/com.gardena here you find what can be connected.

You need the gateway. Other devices that you have in the gardena app will be supported in homey as devices.

The gateway is not mentioned in the AppStore, so don’t think it is needed for connection of the mentioned devices to Homey. ( I’m not a user and probably wrong, seeing other reactions, my bad)

Running Homey with Gardena > You need the Gateway. No Gateway > No connection.

3 Likes

Thanks for your help! Too bad the gateway is so expensive :slight_smile:

Indeed expensive. But it works very well. Within a few weeks it will be posible to water my garden through 6 zones. At this moment I only have i sensor for all these zones. I hope to find a cheaper moisture sensor for the other 5 zones. Because 5 sensors x € 135,- is a little bit to expensive. With the integration in homey this will give more possibilities.

Indeed does not work without the gateway. Tried and tested it. The images of the products give the impression that it works directly with the Homey. Maybe small note that it does not and really needs the gateway.

I thought homey was My bridge for everything.
One bridge and control for all, that is the mening of homey. So i need an gateway/bridge thats stupid.

1 Like

Do you need both gateway and the irrigation control to control the water valves or only the gateway?

Without water valves there’s no point? But yes, you need the gateway to control Gardena equipment.

Who can help,

I have gateway with irrigation unit.
But when i start flow for 59 minutes
It only does one minute and then stops.
In the browser on gardena it shows one minute left.

Who can help me?

Strange, at this moment Gardena does not work at all for me. I have Made a support ticket and Athom is looking to solve the problem.

Gardena’s own app(not Homey) does work. But in the app you can set how long you want to water. Standard for me is 1 minute. Maybe, just maybe this setting is your problem.

As workaround IFTTT does work with Gardena. Installing the ifttt app did solve my problem. But hoping Homeys own Gardena app will work again soon.

No i have set it to 59 minutes.

Gardena app works perfect (not homey)

But when i want use homey for control the water then
It inly does one minute.
And valu is set to 59 minutes

In the original gardena app where can i find the 1 minute setting i use ios app but can’t findt

You mean here? Push start and you can set the time

Yes okay,

That works normal here.

But when i make a gliw in homey to start watering for 50 minutes and activate the flow.

Then it goes on but only for one minute.

In the orriginal gardena app then it says ine minute left.

Verry strange.

I think homey is not sendt the right time to gardena app

Looks like it. Best to make a support ticket also. They are looking into it, but din’t know about your issue

Dear friends, fans of homey and support team

I hope some of the clever devs here are reading this: I also just bought one of the Gardena irigation devices and was happy that it is bluetooth operared. In the Gardena App, I also don’t need an account to operate the device.

But: The Homey System needs a Smart Hub to control the system. I can’t believe that a hub of Gardena is really needed! Come on! Homey supports bluetooth and can even directly control Switchbots and stuff. Why is it technically not possible to natively support the Gardena Bluetooth devices?

Regards
Nils

Wouldn’t that mean the irrigation system would need to be close enough to Homey to work properly with BT?
And a lott of the time, if not always :wink: the irrigation system wil be outside of the house, away from homey.

Personally i do have a Hub, and it works great. And since al my gardena sensors, lawnmower and ierigation aystem is far away from homey, i am glad i have the hub (placed closer to the gardena devices).
But yeah, its another power eater ofc :wink:
But since i have a lott of sensor, i am glad Homey doesn’t use BT to connect to them all :slight_smile:

2 Likes