Gardena App for Homey with official integration: "Rate limited" issue

Homey sent out an email earlier today that the Homey app now supports the official Gardena integration!

… but it was necessary to reauthorize. After updating to Gardena App v2.0.1 and authorizing I get “Rate limited”.

I have then tried to uninstall the Gardena device (Sileno Mower), uninstalled the app, restart Homey and reinstall the app. Still get “Rate limited” when trying to add a device.

Has anybody been able to get this to work after the Gardena app update?

Update July 24, 2020: I was able to add my Gardena device today. App version is still 2.0.1. Maybe I got lucky, or something changed outside the app.

Update July 28, 2020: The mower was unavailable again (rate limited). Repairing and logging in to re-auth fixed the issue.
Edit2: Straight back to the “rate limited” problem within minutes. Not impressed.

3 Likes

Nope… Same issue here. Perfekt Update :rage:

My mower and my sensor… Both brings the rate limit error after the update.

I have the same problem.
Tried uninstalling the gardena app en rebooting the Homey. I also checked if therre were firmware upgrades for Gardene. But keep getting the rate limted error.

Best update ever😋

Just have to find the repairsocket

+1 same error for me

Same here… interesting that they don’t have managed to get API calls correct as they have an official connection now… :thinking:

That’s what you get when a app is a official company supported app made by a prutser :joy:

For now just use a ifttt connection and what to the number hit around 10 after the . :wink:

It’s a fraction slower but works flawlessly

2 Likes

My search skills didn’t find another thread on this issue. If this thread duplicates another one please share and I’ll update the start post.

See here:

+1 same error for me

Thanks, the thread is about a different issue though, even if someone has started commenting on the “Rate limited” issue lately :slight_smile:

1 Like

U are correct. We CAN open 37 Google Home topics with almost the same questions but we can’t open a Gardena (specific rate limit issue) topic?
Onzin! U did it the right way!

@RoyWissenburg for moderator!
It’s fun to do Roy. Athom is organizing BBQ’s for moderators all the time where money is no issue at all.
U also get a lot of friends when being a moderator so why not ask for the job?

Here’s a photo from the last one

2 Likes

And one from the 2017 bbq:

3 Likes

I do appreciate BBQ and moderators. Based on the posts on the subject I’m assuming there are no moderators in the forum since this is in no way relevant to this thread? :wink:

Edit: Fixed a typo

3 Likes

U must be the first who appreciates moderators!
Sorry.

I have the same issue:

Tried the „repair“, after that it looked ok for some seconds but then devices get failure again.

Tried repair again, had to authorize again w/o effect…

I deleted the app, re-installed it, re-authorized now getting „Rate Limit“ error…

It sounds like Athom is using a single API key for all Homey users. Given that the Gardena API has very unforgiving rate limits (at most one call every 15 minutes with a total maximum of 3000 per month), that’s not going to work.

Contact Athom through the support form, there’s nothing other users can do about this.

2 Likes

Like this post if you have filled in the support form for this Gardena “Rate Limited” issue.

5 Likes