[FAQ][Advanced Flow] Infinite canvas. Infinite creativity

Something advanced is coming to Homey Pro…

For the AMA
Advanced Flow — Ask Me Anything :speech_balloon:

The FAQ from Athom is already on the information page on the bottom.
The link should automagically switch to your language (en/nl / etc…)

Read the introduction from Athom here: Advanced Flow

The EXTRA Things you can do in Advanced Flow

• Have multiple Triggers
  • Have 1 (one) Start (Starting the Flow)
  • Have Delays (0 -999 Seconds, 0-999 min.)
  • All (function to wait for all incoming triggers before proceed)
  • Any (function to wait for first incoming trigger to proceed)
  • Parallel Execution
  • Sequential Execution
  • Error handling
  • Make Notes (4 colors)
  • Visual Following Test Execution
  • Test from “Here” - Partial execution

Advanced Flow
on Additional Purchase a 25€ / $ once for a Homey Pro (models Early 2016-2019) (Incl. Older Homey Early 2016 and 2018 )
Included with Homey Pro (Early 2023)
Included with Homey Subscription (á $/€ 2,99 / month)

View / Edit ONLY on Desktop from a browser (Pc / Mac)

Missing in Advanced Flows:

• share a Flow ! (Use Prnt-Scrn / Win-shift-S or Shift + Command + 4 )

Re-Create the First Run template?
Create a New advanced flow, in the URL barr type “?id=template” behind it
You get something like below: with your Homey ID in place, press Enter!

[https://]my.homey.app/homeys/56123456789abcdef0123416/flows/advanced/create?id=template

TIPs:

Mistakes:
One of the first Mistakes I already created an example for was posted within the first evening as “Example” on Facebook :wink:

Two triggers to start an ALL
Also applies to all other different triggers b̶e̶h̶i̶n̶d̶ before an ALL like “Someone came Home” AND “the door is opened” => That is NOT going to trigger NEVER!

That only works with an ANY function!

Multiple triggers (< ANY >) for a Condition/Action in One Trigger
By design within one Trigger, all cards can start (Maximum) one time,

So < ANY > = < Delay 0 Sec > = connecting all incoming directly to a < Condition or Action Card >
Below you see one trigger (blue line) reaching the Action “Create a Notification with” (from Delay 1 sec.) the other Blue lines “Bounce” and are only colored half way.

So only ONE Timeline Notification, not Two or 4 Notifications as you see.

4 Likes

Reserved for FAQ # 2.

The Promo video also part of the Announcement

1 Like

Looks superb, upgraded without a second thought. Can’t wait to get started.

2 Likes

On a Mobile app you see the flows exists bu can only trigger, disable/enable or rename.

That works on my Android phone. When I press the gear button in the iOS (iPad) app; nothing happens. Anyone got that problem too?

I paid for the feature (using PayPal) and got my PayPal receipt by email almost immediately. Now what’s meant to happen? Web app still doesn’t think I’ve bought it when I try to create an advanced flow there. Am I missing something? Firmware already updated to 8.0.0 before I started.

Try a Logoff, Logon and check again.

Else go to Developer Api-Playground and execute to see if a License: true appears by your Homey

AthomCloudAPI.api.getAuthenticatedUser().then(result => {
  return result.homeys.map(homey => {
    return { homey: homey.id, name: homey.name, model: homey.model, softwareVersion: homey.softwareVersion, license: homey.licenses.includes('advanced-flow')};
  });
});

Thanks. Log off and on does nothing. License shows false in the developer api playground. I think the problem is with the store. The order status still shows as waiting for payment even though I got the receipt from paypal for the payment over half an hour ago. Surely this isn’t a manual process behind the scenes?!

What App version?
on my iPhone SE 15.4 with the Mobile App 6.11.5 (956) it just works as on Android (with the appropriate user permission)

I use v6.11.5.956 too, but on an iPad. Perhaps that’s the problem…
Same user on both devices.

I seriusly love this :slight_smile: Just tried creating my first AF and i re-created a script that used to be a multi script. The nice thing is i could add more function support to the script that i wasnt able to have in the old and merge 2 scripts together to 1 AF. Alot better this block design for more advanced stuff. Nice work @Emile

1 Like

I miss the possibility to temporary ‘disable’ flow cards with the simple flow editor.
With the advanced editor, we can remove the connection, or move it to a next card in the chain (assumption).
Question:
Is the device (with no input or output(s) connected) still present in the flow when you save it and reopen it any other time?

Yes

2 Likes

Forgot to thank you for your time and effort with this topic :tada:

7 Likes

After paying twice (seems to be a problem with the web store) I got this working. This is going to be a LOT of fun. Replaced 4 separate flows all implementing a thermostat using a temperature sensor and an electric radiator with a single AF. Much easier to see what’s going on now.

3 Likes

Hi

I’ve tried this super fuction, but I can’t get my lights to go off with inactivity card as a trigger.
It works when I test the flow, but I can’t get it to work in real world testing.

Anyone that can help me to get this flow working?

Not so nice :grimacing:

Nice! :partying_face:

I believe that card will trigger only once 1 minute after activity. You did trigger the zone 1 minute before?

Yes, I triggered the sensor in this zone and waited for 1 min after it showed inactive, but the flow wasn’t triggered…

I think this is a bug related to the results of cards being interpreted differently. Will dive into it today will probably be fixed in 8.0.1.