Cannot connect Neo Coolcam pir

Excuses dat ik mij hier tegen aan bemoei. Ik heb jullie discussie gevolgd omdat ik hetzelfde probleem heb. Sta inmiddels ook op het punt de pirs terug te sturen. Maar ik vond ook bijgaande link. Geeft die wellicht informatie die naar een oplossing leidt?

Mvg,
Paul

already solved in the new version.

should be available it test link at the store in a few days.
still need to solve a solution for a firmware bug in reporting temp of the new z-wave repeater

Oops
 sorry.

That explains a lot :wink:

For me only the mistery of the LED (not disabeling) stays.

Peter

Is version 2.1.8 still the ‘test’ version to use? Is there still an update in the pipeline wrt the LED?

I can see that 2.1.8 is in testfase.
I guess that’s the version we already received earlier for testing.

Peter

Good to do to disable the PIR for movement detection:

• set the detection time to 10 minutes
  • set with raw parameters 11,1,0

Save settings and at the same time push the Coolcam button 3 times while being close to Homey.

Then sit still and wait 15 seconds. Move the pir and see if the IR is disabled. Check at the same time your Homey app and see it just detected movement. The movement notification should be visible exactly 10 seconds. If not, the save settings was not recorded. Change then a setting like adding a ; behind the raw setting 11,1,0 and save again and repeat the above.

This did it for me. Good luck!

@Jomi : this is not the problem.
The movement detection of the PIR must stay active.

The problem is that the new PIR is not able to disable the LED when movement is detected.
(it flashed red when detecting; we want to kill that flash)

Peter

Hi Peter

I understand and indeed this is what solved the led flashing, when movement is detected.

If you don’t have a slider in the advanced device settings (I have a slider: product_id 4237, zw_hardware_version 66, app v2.1.6) this should the way to disable the LED:

In my opinion you don’t need to change the detection time.

Screenshot of the advanced device settings of my 3 motion sensor:

@DirkG :
You have another product_id and hardware version (newer i guess).

For us this is exactly the problem with V3 of de Neo Coolcam PIR.

Your method is working fine for V1 and V2, but in the new version (V3) this is not working anymore.
The PIR V3 is working like a charm but the LED won’t go out.

I think the manufacturer has changed something in the parameter logic (or damaged something); there are also other changes in de parameter settings the programmer of the APP solved for the V3 version.
But even the programmer of the Neo Coolcam App was not able to solve the problem with the LED.

When you take a look at the WEBshop of ‘Robbshop’ you can also see that the logo "Talks with Homey’ is removed and at the list with ‘downsites’ they state : “Werkt op dit moment niet met Homey (29-7)”

Peter

Hello Peter,

I know that there are several problems with the V3, I follow this topic since several month, but unfortunately I forget some information again, sorry.

Dirk

Is there any news on this topic?
I’m looking for a good motion detector/temperature/lux
And I wanted to buy this one untill I saw this topic

All neo coolcam pirs are working fine now with the latest app. Only the led on the V3 will flash shortly when detecting.

Peter

Peter, I do not have the same (good) experience. Since Aug I am using app version 2.1.8 (still the most current?) and although the functionality works I am experiencing the following issues:

• I have tried many times to change parameters without success. As example I want to change the threshold for the lux level. Currently it appears that value is 50 and after many attempts to set this to a lower value it is still 50.

• I started to use the sensor in July. Still the battery level is reported as 100% which I can hardly believe is true.

• No way I am able to change any of the temperature settings (i.e. threshold). I am afraid the threshold is quite high, because it sometimes take 8 hours before a change in temp is reported.

As said I have changed several procedures to change the parameters (the ‘regular’ way, via raw settings) followed by ‘waking-up’ the sensor.
In summary the sensor works functionally, but I have not been able to change any of the paramaters.

I guess this is just a mistake. Because I think you know that:
The sensor must be woken up first and then the save hook must be clicked.

Hi Henk,

I am on version 2.1.9.

Peter

Yes, that’s how I did it. I will try again now that I know the app is version 2.1.9.

Just checked and indeed the version of the app is 2.1.9. I missed that it was updated. I will check again if I can update the parameters. Still strange that the battery status is reported 100% after 3 months.

Hey @MarcoRuiter

I got a pairing problem same as the OT.
Below you find the advanced Settings.
I got two PIRs, both with the same result.
(Sidenote: i got 3 wallplugs from neo coolcam running without any problems)

Thank you in advance for your afforts