Cannot connect Neo Coolcam pir

Hi, I have the same problem as you @Stephan_Ebeling. Did you ever get your devices to work? My screen for advanced settings looks like yours. Maybe some new devices that need to be added, @MarcoRuiter

Regards,
Markus

Unfortunately no. I am still waiting for an update from @MarcoRuiter

Hi,

I have the same problem with the new motion sensor of Neo. I received the sensor 2 weeks ago. my other 3 sensors working perefet. But they are 1 year oldā€¦ The newer version isnā€™t work.

My settings are the same as you @Stephan_Ebeling.

When i add it, he will add it as Simiply device(simpel apparaat - onbekend Z-wave aparaat). I already tested with the beta version of the app. But still doesnā€™t work.

Your PIRs have a new product ID (4150), so the app must be updated accordingly.

@DirkG Do you know when the update is available? The last update is 9 months ago

Of course not, because Iā€™m not the developer of the app.
On GitHub there is already a request for adding the new PIRs. This request is from @markusv and itā€™s 6 days ago:

So the only thing you can do is wait and buy @MarcoRuiter a few beers as a thank you for the app development: :beer::

Btw, the last app update is 4 months ago. Itā€™s a test version of this app:

1 Like

I tried adding the productId 4150 here. But that did not work. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Sorry, but Iā€™m not a programmer, so I do absolutely not know, how to add another device.
According to my imagination, however, it could be like this:

"zwave": {
    "manufacturerId": 600,
    "productTypeId": [3, 512], 
    "productId": [4145, 4150]
    "includeSecure": false,

But I really donā€™t know if itā€™s possible to combine 2 devices with 2 different ā€œproductIDā€ like this, or if a separate driver has to be programmed for the ā€œnewā€ device.

I am a programmer :slight_smile: But I have never done a homey app. I tried it exactly like you mentioned @DirkG . But it did not work. I. think you can combine 2 devices like this. At least @MarcoRuiter has done it like this here. Since it did not work I guess there is something else that needs to be done to get these devices to work with homey

Sorry, then Iā€™m out.

Hi, @MarcoRuiter. I am trying to fix this issue but I do not have access to the repository on GitHub. I tried to do a pull request, but access was denied. Could you please give me access? My GitHub username is markusv

Hi Markus,

Do you know if there is already an solution to add the sensor?

@Colintje1 as far as I know there is not. Let me know if you find a solution

Regards
Markus

I download SDK3 branch from Github and changed driver.compose.json for NAS-PD02ZE

Changed from ā€œproductIdā€: 4145, to ā€œproductIdā€: [4145, 4150],

Then installed app via CLI, works for me.
No auto-updates anymore, but at least I was able to pair my motion sensors.
Iā€™ll update to the App store version when Marco adds this productid.

1 Like

yes this worked for me as well. I would really love to contribute this by making a pull request but I do not have access. And I could not get in contact with Marco. Is there any other way we could get this fix into the homey store?

Ok so I can now add my new sensor. However they react really slow to motion. I have a neo coolcam pir v2 from before, and that one reacts instantly. The new ones (with id 4150) take like 10-15 seconds before they show any motion. I have the settings configured the same way for the old and new sensors. Do you have the same problem @Niels_Veldman ?

Yes, I have the same problem. Itā€™s not 10-15 seconds, but it takes too long, about 5 seconds in my case.

I tried adding as PIR v2 and PIR v3 (changed productid), but no difference.

I now use these PIRā€™s in rooms where direct detection is not so important. The ā€˜oldā€™ v2 are used where it is needed. They react immediately.

I was hopping you had found a solution :joy: this delay makes them useless for me. I think there must be some problem with the settings? The paper documentation in the package has other parameters than the app has for our v2! Maybe the new settings have new parameters?

This is how the paper manual that I got looks like. How does yours look, @Niels_Veldman . the parameters here do not match with the parameters specified in the app for NAS-PD02ZE. Maybe that is the problem?

@markusv I think itā€™s a NAS-PD01 but the NAS-PD01ZE also does not match in terms of parameters.

I have added a new device under drivers (Github code from Marco Ruiter) and changed the device.js and drivers.compose.json and driver.settings.compose.json to the parameters on the paper, but motion still takes 5 seconds to respond.

I am not a developer, so this was my only option to try.

Or maybe thereā€™s someone who can point my in the right direction.