Cannot connect Neo Coolcam pir

Cool. Would you like to send this to me so I can experiment with the new driver file, @Niels_Veldman ?

@markusv Can you send me a PM with your email address? I will send it to you.

Same problem here. Cannot pair PIR with product ID 4150
Already tried experimental app 2.1.15

Supplier told me it’s a NAS-PD01Z model, but there is no information about V1 or V2 (tried both - no success)

Is there any hope?

Have any of you tried to contact the app developer?

mruiter@tuxweb.nl

I added a request on Github, but got no response yet
Thank You for email - I contacted him directly now

No reply so far

Hi everyone,

Is there already an solution?

Marco was so kind to add this device to his app.
Unfortunately device needs about 6 seconds to report movement to homey - far too long for switching on lights.
While I was really happy with Neo Coolcams V1 PIR (good quality for a good price!) I cannot recommend this device anymore.

Which movement sensors does the community use and has good experience?

Do you now why it has such a big delay?
Did you include the sensor unsecure or secure?

Regarding other MS this thread could be helpful:

Do I have a choice? Never saw an option for secure or unsecure inclusion.

Anyway, extended setup show following:
Sicher S2 (Unauthenticated)

“Sicher”, of course is the german word for “Secure”

It doesn’t make a difference.
I created my own driver and did a CLI install.

Secure and Unsecure both 5 seconds to respond.

I now use these sensors in rooms where I only switch off the lights after inactivity.

Yes, with the UnZ-Cure App from the Community App Store.
Please see this related thread:

@Niels_Veldman, thx for the info.

Thank you for this information.
Though this might work very well, I don’t like to install any tweaks.
I will find sensors with a better reaction time and use them.

I wrote the “tweak” and respect that. But maybe it helps to know what it does. It calls the Homey normal inclusion process with only one setting: do not attempt secure inclusion. You can remove the tweak after use, as it is in no way involved in anything other than calling the original Homey inclusion process with that setting.

It is a pity Athom does not provide the feature itself. I asked but Athom claims it isn’t needed because you can enter a 00000 pin. But that is not true for devices that do not ask the pin. That was the same reason they used to refuse the app for the app store in the first place.

1 Like

Thank You Edwin for clearing.
I never expected or mentioned that Your app could be harmful, I just want to keep systems as small as possible (regarding installation of apps). Probably I will give it a try.

Regarding the delay of the new NEO Coolcam Motion Sensor it’s not needed, because @Niels_Veldman included the device already unsecure and he wrote, that there is no difference in delay, if the sensor is included unsecure or secure.

But in general it makes sense to use the UnZ-Cure App to include all devices unsecure. Because this makes the whole Z-Wave mesh more stable and faster.

Did anyone manage to pair the 4150 version? If yes, how?

You have to use the test version of the app:

1 Like

Great tip! That did the trick!

Did anyone manage to get the new version of the sensors to work and react to movement quickly? Or do you all still have the 5-6 seconds delay?

Markus