Cannot connect Neo Coolcam pir

For wake-up, do you need press one or three times? I allways do both, just to be surešŸ˜„

3 it is.
And hit it like u mean it, like 3 times within 1.5 seconds

1 Like

I think even the parameters as they show in the app are not the real ones in the sensor. For example the reporting interval for lux (even if the value has not changed) is set to 180s. At this moment no lux update has been reported for 35min. Same goes for the LED setting.

I know.
3 quick.presses.

No result.

i think the parameters in the app are stored local. Tomorrow i will remove the pir and reinstall.
I bet it will show the default values again at first startup.

Peter

Any positive results from your testing? For me itā€™s still the same, no temperature updates and not possible to update any parameter. I will return the sensor tomorrow and will try another one.

Hi ,

I have tested the saving of the config parameters.
What did i do:

• I removed the PIR from my Homey (the proper way).
  • Installed the PIR again
  • I DID NOT RESET THE PIR ITSELF.

This is the config before removing:

and this is after reinstalling:

As you can see i lost my configuration for brightness reporting interval (was 120, now 180) and reporting threshold (was 4, now 100).
Another conclusion: LED indicator is set to NO on both configā€™s, but it is still flashing at detection.

So my conclusion for now is that the Homey (app) is not able to save the config into the PIRā€™s memory but saves the parameters local in the Homey.
(yes, i always wake up the PIR with three quick presses on the button).

@MarcoRuiter : do you think this is fixable ?

Peter

I agree with your conclusion. I also think something is wrong with the parameter setting. Also in the app the setting for temp (parameter 10) is missing. Looks like the parameter configuration in the app is not consistent with those in the sensor.

When you add the pir to honey the settings always get set to default when the pir joins the zwave network .

For the led setting I have send neo a message if they changed that setting number in the new firmware also cause that is 99.9% the case the rest of the settings seem to be the same

Hi @MarcoRuiter ,

Thanks.

But the lux parameter is also not changed i think.
Default it is 100. When i increase the lux with steps of 25 with a dimmable bulb (and standalone luxmeter) nothing happens.
Until I reach 201 lux, then the lux in the app is changed immediatly.
This while my setting in the app is 5lux.

Peter

PS. Is your V3 working correctly with small lux steps ?

@MarcoRuiter

Found this link. We are not alone :wink: in our config issue.
Maybe it will help. It handles mainly from a HA perspective but maybe there are some tips in the XML?

Peter

In advanced settings on the pir there is a option"Ruwe Configuratie"

Please try the followings to find out what works

Option 1 to turn off

Option 1 to turn on

Or it should be :slight_smile:

Option 2 to turn off

Option 2 to turn on

Just like all other setting changes you need to wake up the pir and punch save.

Let me know if option 1 or 2 works

Hi @MarcoRuiter,

I have tested some things and end-up with 11,1,1
Something is happening but i donā€™t know what.

First the LED is still flashing at movement, but only the first time.
As long as ā€˜detectionā€™ is flashing in the app the LED stays out but movement is reported.

Lux is partly working now. But it seems it only sends sometimes an update when there is movement detection.
Sometimes it sends an update but i cannot find out whatā€™s the trigger (itā€™s not the interval from the settings).

Iā€™ll keep on investigate.

Peter

@MarcoRuiter and @Henk_Stap ,

Believe it or not, but i think my PIR V2 is now updating the Lux value every 3 minutes without movement-alarm (conform the 180 sec set as reporting interval).
For this test iā€™ve set the threshold to 3 lux and the PIR is located in the kitchen.
To change the brightness of light i just open/close a door of a connecting room with lots of sunlight which the PIR cannot see.

Testing continues but seems ok for Lux now.
Only that $%%^@@# LED keeps flashing at first detection, but again: only the first time after a ā€˜restā€™ status (= detection off).

Peter

Yes thatā€™s like it should be . It will flash again once it reaches the timeout , also configurable in settings .
If it would flash every time it would drain the battery . You could set the timeout to a lower value

Thanks @MarcoRuiter ,

Just to be sure: With the ā€˜time-outā€™ you are reffering to the parameter (dutch) ā€œBewegingsdetector AAN tijd (s)ā€ ?

Thx
Peter

Yep

For me the lux already worked, but temperature is not updated. I was planning to return the unit today, but after consulting with the supplier I can keep it till 13/8 max. Currently it is not connected with Homey.

I do not understand exactly what you are saying here. In case parameter 11 is switched off, the LED will be turned off always according to the manual. Can I also set parameter 10 (Ambient temp diff report) with the raw configuration?

Checked again.
Switching off parameter 11 Led BLink Enable (11,1,0) does not turn the LED off .

But:
I found more versions of the manual of the V2 version :roll_eyes:.
In another version, parameter 10 is about the Led Blinkā€¦ i am confused.

Peter