[APP][Pro] Beacon - Detect your presence with BLE beacons

Last night it disconnected again, two times

For my Tile Pro 2018 i use the setting 15, 1 ,15.

You can play with the last “out of range” setting and see what is good in youre situation

With 15 the time to be seen as away is longer but i have no unwanted disconnects anymore

And maybe the newest firmware will give some better results…

Thanks, will try

After installing the latest Homey firmware and put the settings back to 15-1-5 i had no false discomnects anymore

1 Like

Hi,

Great work and thanks for all your good work!
I have a feature request; I would like to use the ‘button’ function that some beacons have.
For example the K21 beacon:

• Supports motion triggered detection and button triggered broadcast using UUID value +1 at 0.2s advertising.

That would be great for additional functionality; when the button is pressed, which can be used in the ‘IF’ cards.

I am thinking of building a Flow in Homey to open my smart lock, but only when the beacon is within range and the button is pressed.

…looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Joeri

Jup, I can confirm :grin: had them laying around for quite a whilst now… had no use for them as they didn’t work.

Well they do now!

Edit

Okay, it worked. And it works for about 2 days. Than I homey no longer finds the tile. Another downside; the tile app doesn’t find it as well.
Another downside: we lost the collar of our cat for good :rofl:

2 Likes

Same results here! No false positives anymore :star_struck:
I was on 16-1-10 and just altered it to 15-1-5.

I love the app. But my aliexpress beacon drain the battery pretty fast. So i want to look te replace them but i am not sure which beacons are supported and wich not?

What are the beacons you guys use?

On my wishlist, maybe Feasycom is interesting, Wesley:

I have bought the tile mate pro 2020. And it works but when its not being used for a couple of hours it looks like the tile goes in to sleeping mode. I have to push the button on the tile to make it work again?

Low CR2032 battery?

In brandnew tiles?

2020 brand new Tiles?

New battery is a simple thing to try, but hey it is youre call

Brandnew from the shop haha :joy:. I have changed it i let you know if its the problem! Thanks already

It looks like its a problem when i restart the homey. When i restart the homey i need to push the button on the tile. I restart the homey because it’s memory is pretty full.

Hi there. I am using a Gigaset G-Tag connected with the beacon app. When I create a flow using “when the beacon is inside range” and connect for example a hue light with that trigger after some minutes the flow will be deactivated with the timeline message “Flow XY has been deactivated because it has been executed too often” (I don’t know the original message - I translated from German). This message appears more than 10 times in my timeline then. So I assume that the G-Tag sends too often its status or something else happens. I tried the same with the trigger “when the beacon changes”… Same effect! By the way: What does “is in range” mean? When it comes into range? As long it is in range? The first time it comes in range? Obviously the beacon often sends the signal that it is in range and triggers the flow very quickly and several times… Even when I do not move the G-Tag to another place.

Anyway, I cannot use the beacon to turn on my lights when coming home or open my Danalock. Is there a mistake I am doing or has anyone an idea for a solution? THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I am very desprate. Best regards, Michael

(I am using an iPhone 12 Pro and HomeyPro - everything at the newest software release).

What are your config settings?
In my case, the beacons get reported out of range after 15sec x 20, so it’s impossible to get ‘Flow XY is deactivated’?

I tried the settings you suggested. This time I did. not receive the message that the flow has been deactivated and it stayed activated… but: my Danalock didn‘t stop to unlock… After the fifth time unlocking I deactivated the flow manually. Same effect when I set as action a push notification: I receive a notification several times. Very strange effect. Any idea?

How does the device log look @ your Homey?
Example of mine: