Apps not visible in App with new Homey Pro

Hello, I just bought a new Homey Pro (2023) and installed it using my backup of my current Homey Pro (2019). All went well and I see my flows etc. but when I want to see the app on the Homey it gives me an error. In the current Homey Pro (2019) I can see all apps installed, but when I try to do the same on the new Homey Pro (2023), it says “TypeError: Cannot read property “toUpperCase” of null”. What does that mean? And how to solve it? I cannot install any apps this way.

When I click on Apps, it briefly shows the “normal” app view with everything in grey as it is loading, and then shows the error message immediately after. When I click Try again, it brings me back to the Home screen.

Hope you guys can help me out.

Thx,
John

Make sure you’re using the latest version of the app. If the problem persists, you need to contact Athom because it’s clearly an app bug.

FWIW, you can install apps from the App Store website directly, as long as you’re logged in.

I’m having the same issue, after restoring a backup from my older Homey as well.

And what did Athom say about it?

I think I managed to find a fix:
Using https://my.homey.app I was able to get the list of installed apps. One of them did not have a name at all, but it did allow me to uninstall that app. I’m not entirely sure which one it was, but at least it solved the crash in the Android app.

2 Likes

Good find! I’ve posted a message on Slack about it, hopefully Athom will pick it up.

figured this out too, if you open the app in the app store you can figure out which one it was, for me it was the led ring, which kinda makes sense.