[APP] Qubino - Turn any home into a smart home with Qubino

Hi @JPe4619 , yeah exactly this is how I was able to remove the unknown devices, at first “remove” was gray, after “test” it wasn’t and I was able to remove them.
For testing I did do a “Heal” right after the 3-Phase meter became an unknown device, also did “Test”, but nothing worked unfortunately.

On a positive note: due to that I needed to go to the developer tools on the laptop, I also used the web app and there it is less painful to replace a device, in the mobile app you need to remove one first and then add it.

1 Like

Update regarding weird behavior, yesterday I added all “Fibaro Door/Window Sensor 2” and just numbered them so I can use them later and don’t need to add them later (and the the 3 Phase Smart Meter again). This morning I removed and added one “Fibaro Door/Window Sensor 2” because the tampering alarm wouldn’t go off. The 3 Phase Smart Meter (ZMNHXD) wasn’t removed, strange, right :wink: , but I didn’t receive updates from it after that, so what I did was changing the following paramaters:
40 from 1 to 2 (report when the power consumption changes in %)
42 from 10 to 15 (power reporting interval in sec.)
43 from 60 to 65 (Voltage/Current reporting interval in sec.)
And a few seconds later I changed the values back to what I previously had set them and I then I got power consumption updates again.

We’re looking in to it, hopefully we will be able to release at least a test version of the app soon.

It looks that the 3 Phase Smart Meter you have installed is on the edge of communication with the gateway. You can add a device between the gateway and teh Smart Meter that would act as a repeater (hop). Or if you have the Homey pro you can use a flow to send requests to the Smart Meter. Check the link to the article on the reply from February 17 this year.

Another thing that I noticed is that your values in W are all negative, this happens if you connect the Input (power from the provider) to the output of the smart meter. You can leave it like this but the counter that you have to check in this case is the Export (produced energy).

In case you will or you have the PV system is better that you invert the connection, like this you will have the right values goes in the right counters in the homey Insights.

Hi @QubinoHelp here is my input on your comment and an update:

It looks that the 3 Phase Smart Meter you have installed is on the edge of communication with the gateway.

It isn’t it is about 3 meters from my Homey Bridge, there is a wooden stair and a toilet between it.
In the “meter closet” where it is in, there a 3 more Qubino ZMNHID1’s, which do not have a problem at all and I got more Qubino ZMNHID1’s that are more than 15 meters away on a different floor which also work without a hitch.

Another thing that I noticed is that your values in W are all negative, this happens if you connect the Input (power from the provider) to the output of the smart meter. You can leave it like this but the counter that you have to check in this case is the Export (produced energy).

That is because I have 26 solar panels, so this is expected behavior since I’m delivering power back to the net at that moment (but as winter is coming, next month there probably will not be any negative values), either way, if I would invert the connections, I will have negative values in the winter and positive in the summer, so to me it doesn’t make sense to invert it as it will still do the same as it should:

Well, now things get weird. A day ago I removed and added one “Fibaro Door/Window Sensor 2” because the tampering alarm wouldn’t go off, like I explained earlier. The 3 Phase Smart Meter (ZMNHXD) wasn’t removed. Yesterday I also added my newly purchased Qubino Smart Plug (ZMNHYD), and for some reason, the 3 Phase Smart Meter (ZMNHXD) wasn’t removed, #50 isn’t an unknown device!! So, I’m a bit happy now, but it is weird behavior, hopefully you will be able to solve this issue with this information:

This morning (again) I saw a problem which I have seen before, the power/voltage/current wasn’t reported for 7-9 hours while I was sleeping (see image below), this happens on a daily basis.
To fix this, I changed the following paramaters:
40 from 1 to 2 (report when the power consumption changes in %)
42 from 10 to 15 (power reporting interval in sec.)
43 from 60 to 65 (Voltage/Current reporting interval in sec.)
And a few seconds later I changed the values back to what I previously had set them and I then I got updates again, except for the current usage (see second picture). I saw the same behavior the past days.

EDIT: It’s 3 meters instead of 4 meters, maybe that doesn’t matter, but updated it here anyway.

These are my current settings of the 3 Phase Smart Meter (ZMNHXD) , maybe this information helps (sorry it is in Dutch, couldn’t find th setting to set it in English):

For testing purposes, to see if 3 meters distance really matters (it shouldn’t), I’ve moved the 3 Phase Smart Meter (ZMNHXD) to the “meter closet”, my Homey Bridge is now approximately 50cm away, in clear line of sight, from the 3 Phase Smart Meter (ZMNHXD).

There’s something wrong with the inclusion definitely, the version of the Smart Meter is not right, both of the fields must be same you have the same number, and we do not have he version 102. Try to remove it and re add it at that distance that you are mentioning and see if it will be better, as mentioned you in the ticket the distance is relevant especially during the inclusion, if there a packet is lost maybe a setting is not set properly.

@QubinoHelp I’ve always done the inclusion with the homey right next to the 3 Phase Smart Meter (that’s a habit when you’ve owned a Zipato Zipatile :sweat_smile:), so have I now, this is the result, which is the same still Firmware Version 102:

Hi, I send you the email from the support as there have the OTA procedure already set as a shortcut. The software seems strange that’s why I propose to you to update the Smart Meter. Before you proceed please read the article to verify if the Smart Meter you have is possible to update to the latest firmware :slight_smile:
Have a great weekend.

Thanks @QubinoHelp ! The Smart Meter has a Z-WAVE DSK QR code, I’ll perform the upgrade once I get my hands on an Z-WAVE USB Stick. Have a nice weekend too!

I was able to update the firmware of the Qubino 3 Phase Smart Meter (ZMNHXD) yesterday morning (using a Raspberry Pi 3 model B+ with Home Assistant and a Z-Wave.Me UZB1 stick), so far so good, it now also reports the current and voltage change regularly. Will monitor the next week and if I do not report back here, then the issue has been solved. Thanks @QubinoHelp for the great support!

Could you share what the current firmware version is? I can’t find any information about this on the Qubino website. Thx

Hi @DirkG, sure it is version 50.6
(Firmware version 50, firmware subversion 6):

1 Like

The 3 Phase Smart Meter latest version is 50.6, as ramonvanraaij told you, while for the Smart Meter the latest version is 80.01 and Smart Plug 41.10

2 Likes

@QubinoHelp so far so good, everything seems to work as it should except for a minor bug in the homey app and I don’t know if it is a bug in the homey app (iOS) or the Qubino Homey App:
The power (Watts) didn’t change for 10 minutes for the “total” meter (maybe others as well, but didn’t check) when looking at the device, however, looking in the energy tab, the values did change every few seconds, my assumption is that my flows are working just fine since I’m seeing live data in the energy tab, so therefore, for me this is a minor GUI bug. Changing the 42 and 43 parameters on the meter and back again, solved the issue.

1 Like

Hi! I have a Qubino flush dimmer with a temperature sensor connected (original)
Is there any tips on having the temperature reporting correctly?
It freezes often - and will not report in the intervals I set it to report: 0.1 or 0.5deg C
One dimmer also only reports the temperature once when it is reset/restarted/homey restarted - and then never again.
Group: 1.1
non-secure
ID 345, 1/81 Firmware 3 part 7 / 4

My 3 Phase Smart Meter was installed yesterday and in the beginning I had also problems with frozen values over all the 4 devices (total, ph1, ph2, ph3):

(24 h chart)

Changing the Power report on power change (parameter 40) from 50 % to 10 % and then to 5 % and Power reporting interval (parameter 42) and Voltage/current reporting interval (parameter 43) from 600 s to 30 s didn’t solved the problem. But I found out that after an app restart the values changed again. But after a while the values are frozen again.

This morning I changed the parameter 40 to 1% and parameter 42 and 43 from 30 s to 10 s. For one hour now the values are updated again and again:

(1 h chart)

I will report if the values freeze again.

Have any of you had negative experiences with this when the intervals are very short?
Because with these settings a lot of Z-Wave data are transmitted.

Edit
Ok, after about 1.5 hours the values froze again.

(1 h chart)

(1 h chart)

@QubinoHelp, could you please take a closer look at this?
Diagnostic report no.: 1b52c56d-3fe6-4f07-9bb7-9381abe14a28

@QubinoHelp Any news on the widgets for the extra end points for the 3-phase power meter? Specifically, I mean the Bicom relay. It would be great to have a possibility to control it remotely.

Thank you!

@QubinoHelp I’ve stumbled on a problem with the ZMNHCD1 (Flush Shutter) that is very similar if not the same as this Z-Wave-JS issue on GitHub.

The problem is that the temperature in the Homey App (using Homey Bridge) shows 49 degrees Celsius. The temperature also doesn’t change after 5 minutes (300 seconds, which is the default power reporting interval).

I tested this with two separate ZMNHCD1‘s and 3 temperature sensors.
The temperate sensor was attached to the ZMNHCD1‘s before exclusion and inclusion and before they were powered on. I swaped the sensors multiple times to see if it were the sensors.