[APP][Pro] Xiaomi mi flora sensor/ropot app

This behaviour I have also seen, for some time the output is zero and after a time, the measured values are presented again, see the screenshot from my two devices:

As a workaround I use this: When a value changes, I copy the value to a variable, but only when the value is higher then zero, this way the output is usable.

1 Like

Ok, it is really taking too long. Iā€™ve now connected the sensors to home assistant and dragged them back into homey using the home assistant community app as compound entities. Works great. I donā€™t get it, plugged a Broadcom Bluetooth dongle in home assistant and it instantly connected to all sensors.

Iā€™m more and more convinced that a setup with home assistant and homey is the way to go. As long as you use common components from the EU market and not doing any fancy stuff, homey is ok on its own ā€¦ otherwise home assistant can compliment homey for the more complicated integrations and devices not integrating well in homey. In my setup, Esp32, flora sensors, nest smoke detectors, aqara devices (with Chinese market ids), Apple HomePod (working ok-ish) and USB connected UPS are connected to home assistant and exposed to homey. All automation are residing in homey. For voice control I expose selective homey devices/flows to HomeKit via the homekitty app.

Can you share link ? I might end-up with similar setup if they will not fix it.

Sure : https://www.amazon.nl/dp/B00CM83SC0?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share&th=1 EUR 9

1 Like

I can add a zero check to prevent ā€œ0ā€. I already have looked into the other issues a while back but these are BLE stack related (either Homey/Mi Flora) unfortunately.

2 Likes

Hi guys,

Thinking of upgrading to the new HP2023, how is the status with the Mi Flora app right now? Is everything working fine?

All the best,
Zakarias

Still it doesnā€™t work unless your Xiaomi Flora devices will be not located in a distance of 1-2 meters from HP23. Currently there is no indication that Athom is even working on fixing it, I have switched already to ESP32 which feeds HA for this purpose (but maybe you can even use directly the ESP32 app). Itā€™s working excellent but it works slightly differently (BLE LE and not directly connected to the sensor).

1 Like

Cheers for the info.

Crazy that this has not been resolved after almost a year since it has to be connected to the Bluetooth module of the 2023 modelā€¦. :confused:

Iā€™ll be sending them mails until this is resolved, but starting to loose hope.

4 Likes

For everyone that want to have more automation of the xiaomi mi flora sensors. I am building a smart mobile app to keep your plants happy:

4 Likes

Since the last firmware update of homey 2019, no plant meters have been updated. I have already restarted homey, it doesnā€™t work. while the plant sensors can be seen in the Android app. and it still works normally there. so i guess itā€™s the app?

This is strange. I remove a plant and add it again. And now theyā€™re doing it all again. :smiley:

Luminosity value
I recently installed three of these sensors (all went beautifully, probably one of the fastest installs ever).
My only issue is, that the luminosity readings are off - in the night, when the room is dark, Iā€™m getting 140ā€¦170 lux, and probably the daytime values are similarly offset (Iā€™ll check once I have my lux meter with me).

Obviously this is not that critical, but has anyone experienced a similar issue?

Have you updated the firmware? In certain versions there was bug in the firmware.

Yes, the mobile app said thereā€™s no updates available (v. 3.3.6).

Actually seems to be right - my min is never 0 lx - itā€™s also around 170 lx min (depends on the location, other has today 550lx etc)

1 Like

Hi. Is the app compatible with Homey Bridge or will it be? I see you are official, does it mean you have permission to publish it to Homey (not Pro), once it is compatible?

I also sent a mail to Xiaomi global to ask for info and support, since I can not find any info about the sensor in their webpages. Not sure if discontinued or just produced and marketed by a sub-company. Also seems to be renamed from Mi Flora to Mi Flower Care. It is still sold intensively all over. Might be interested in buying an testing. Perhaps contribute to your code if you need.

Greetings.
Philip Ƙstli

Iā€™m am a verified developer but the Xiaomi (flora) integration is not supported by the company, until then Athom will not approve the app on the Homey Bridge.

Does the app support connection through a homey bridge in sattelite mode?

Unfortunately not as the Bridge do not support BLE satellite mode.

Zigbee and Z-Wave
Infrared and 433 MHz

ā€¦I miss BLE as well, would be true ā€œsatelliteā€ then

I had 3 mi flora sensors working for several months in Homey 2023. Then they stopped sending data so I removed the mi flora sensors. Now, I canā€™t get them back again.
I have the Flower Care app installed and can see the sensors there, but when I try to add them in Homey I get the following message.

Your BLE stack is bussy, thatā€™s a known HP23 issue. You can reboot Homey and then you should be able to add them again.