[APP][Pro] Xiaomi mi flora sensor/ropot app

It works for part of the the Flora sensors, but I’m afraid it’s not something that @Koktail will be able to fix
;-(

Also it looks like that when you looping trough devices, it get stuck after while on Connecting - and it does not continue next.

2023-04-16T21:08:30.690Z [log] [ManagerBLE] [BlePeripheral] [c47c8d6dd777] Peripheral c47c8d6dd777: connecting

2023-04-16T21:08:30.737Z [log] [ManagerBLE] [BlePeripheral] [c47c8d6dd777] connection failed: Error: Method "Connect" with signature "" on interface "org.bluez.Device1" doesn't exist

2023-04-16T21:08:30.738Z [log] [ManagerBLE] [BlePeripheral] [c47c8d6dd777] Peripheral c47c8d6dd777: disconnected

disconnectPeripheral not registered yet

Error: Method "Connect" with signature "" on interface "org.bluez.Device1" doesn't exist

at Remote Process

at HomeyClient.emit (/node_modules/@athombv/homey-apps-sdk-v3/lib/HomeyClient.js:44:23)

at Object.emit (/node_modules/@athombv/homey-apps-sdk-v3/manager/ble.js:119:32)

at /node_modules/@athombv/homey-apps-sdk-v3/lib/BlePeripheral.js:107:21

at new Promise (<anonymous>)

at BlePeripheral.connect (/node_modules/@athombv/homey-apps-sdk-v3/lib/BlePeripheral.js:106:12)

at BleAdvertisement.connect (/node_modules/@athombv/homey-apps-sdk-v3/lib/BleAdvertisement.js:99:30)

at HomeyMiFlora.handleUpdateSequence (/app/app.js:162:46)

at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)

at async HomeyMiFlora.updateDevice (/app/app.js:322:12)

timeout, retry again 1

Error: Method "Connect" with signature "" on interface "org.bluez.Device1" doesn't exist

at Remote Process

at HomeyClient.emit (/node_modules/@athombv/homey-apps-sdk-v3/lib/HomeyClient.js:44:23)

at Object.emit (/node_modules/@athombv/homey-apps-sdk-v3/manager/ble.js:119:32)

at /node_modules/@athombv/homey-apps-sdk-v3/lib/BlePeripheral.js:107:21

at new Promise (<anonymous>)

at BlePeripheral.connect (/node_modules/@athombv/homey-apps-sdk-v3/lib/BlePeripheral.js:106:12)

at BleAdvertisement.connect (/node_modules/@athombv/homey-apps-sdk-v3/lib/BleAdvertisement.js:99:30)

at HomeyMiFlora.handleUpdateSequence (/app/app.js:162:46)

at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)

at async HomeyMiFlora.updateDevice (/app/app.js:322:12)
1 Like

In addition to no values being updated any more, there also seems to be an issue with pairing.

You can click “pair” once, this can then find multiple devices. However the second time you pair you an error is shown

ble is not available a sync of devices is currently in progress.

This error doesn’t go away until you restart the app, when you restart you can again add devices.

Any updates on when we can expect the devices to be fixed? Is this a problem with the app or with the HP23?

1 Like

I just checked:
v4.0.7
Homey v8.1.3 (Pro '19)
No issues, so it’s probably Pro '23, or app on Pro '23 related?

Hi will this app support the latest Hc010-2 sensor that is built by Xiaomi? For now it works only directly with ny android phone and “Smart Life” app on it.

That’s the pink Tuya version?

It has been incorporated recently into other platform, it seems.

Hi,
That is correct. It is the pink one. I think this is based on a Nordic chip.

man. 12. jun. 2023, 07:05 skrev Sharkys via Homey Community Forum <notifications@athom.discoursemail.com>:

Hi Guys,
can You give me a hint about the product (soil sensor), which will be working 100% with new HP2023? I would like to use it in my garden and/or in my house, so interior and exterior proposals would be great.

The Xiaomi Mi Flora sensor uses BT, so the range is not particularly large. And they are also suitable for indoor use only.
For outdoor use, I use the Soil Moisture sensors from Ecowitt. The range is much greater and they’re suitable for outdoor use. Up to 8 sensors can be linked per gateway. And this is the Homey app for these sensors.

Question is if I can buy 433MHz (other region) ecowitt and gateway on the same frequency instead of 868MHz (dedicated for Europe)?
868MHz is unavailable

Generally it will work with 433 MHz. 433 MHz is the radio frequency between the gateway (e.g. GW1100 WiFi) and the sensor. But I guess it’s not allowed because of possible interference with other devices. On the other side, KlikAanKlikUit devices uses also 433 MHz afaik. But I’m not an expert on this.
I would recommend that you do your own research on this, sorry.

Lost connection every time. Then it updates perfect every 15min and a moment later I have to wait 3 days or add it again.

Running the hp2023

Anyone who have the same issue?

1 Like

Yes, on HP2023, for someone it works, for someone it does not / Athom is working on that, trying to improve the situation but so far no real outcomes for Xiaomi Flora devices…seems if you bring your devices closer, it works more reliably.

For me some sensors do not work for weeks :wink: Some works for few minutes right after start… completely randomly.

2 Likes

After not updating sensor values for over 15 days now - I’ve re-added the sensors (Sensors were working perfectly with earlier HP2023 beta firmware). Had to boot my HP2023 first to be able to do so. The devices added successfully, initial load of sensor values is working but after the initial read out, it seems to stop working updating values. Forcing updates resulted in a " time out after 60000ms". error message. Any suggestions?

Contact Athom, increase the priority of this problem - unfortunately they are aware and working on it but…it takes long already ;-(
I have the same on my HP23…

Will do !

Update- got an answer from homey support that they are working on it. In the mean time, some sensors are working, others are not working at all.

Yep, they are, but it’s taking now already months unfortunately, it seems it’s not directly issue of Athom though (rather then RPI and Broadcom/Infineon). In the meantime, I have found out that sometimes after reboot it works for 1 hour (eg. one out of 10 Homey restarts). Quite weird.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the great work throughout the years Koktail.

I’ve recently bought 4 Mi Flora Max, and noticed the “0 value from time to time-problem” mentioned earlier, have tied everything from restarting the app and the homey to disassociate and repairing the sensors, nothing seems to work, do you guys have any recent experience with the Mi Flora Max and the app? I’m in honey 2019 btw.

Can also add that I have 10 ordinary Mi Flora sensors that works perfectly fine.

All the best,
Zakarias

1 Like

I do not have the Mi Flora Max. Is it literally a ‘0’ or doesn’t the device update?

Well, both, I’ve had several problems with them:

1. I had some problems unrelated to Homey and the Mi Flora app, that made it so that 2 out of my 5 Max sensors was not able to be detected by the Flower Care app (not on iOS, nor Android), and I did not find any seemingly reasonable way to reset them (on the ordinary devices you can take out the battery but not the Max’s as they’re built in)
  2. So with the remaining 3 devices (that connected to the Mi Flora-app) I was able to add them to both Mi Flora and Homey, but the first problem i encountered was that the polling of new data from the device could take between 1-8 hours, seemingly random as to why. When i added the two other, 2 had this behaviour, and the third did not recieve any updates at all (through Homey that is). Out of the 2 devices that did work but with rare updates of data, once or twice per day, they got the “0” on all categories (light, soil moisture etc).

All devices had the latest software from the Flower Care-app. Very weird behaviour indeed…

Simultaneously with the Mi Flora Maxes, I had 6 normal Mi Flora’s working flawlessly (on Homey).

Don’t know if this is any help, but if you’d like to buy one as a test device I would gladly help out for all of your hard work. (If you live in Europe https://techpunt.nl/ is awesome, both price-wise and with customer service)

All the best