[APP][Pro] We Connect / myAudi / MyŠKODA / My SEAT / My Cupra

@Peter_Kalrsson it looks like there was a small hickup in the API.
Let me know if it happens again

1 Like

I will, thanks :blush:

It happened again today @martijnpoppen. In the CUPRA app, it says 56%, but in Homey 58%.

When I enabled “Debug”, Homey got updated immediately to 56%.

@Peter_Kalrsson please send a report next time :slight_smile:

1 Like

New user here. Skoda Superb delivered today.
Now i seem to have issues creating a car device in Homey.

It passes the login (checked with incorrect password) says it getting data from the server but then just an empty error

see image

No idea how to troubleshoot this.

@Steven_Renders please send a diagnostic report

Diagnostics report 203255cd-0799-4383-8179-843f525d725c

@Steven_Renders logout in the skoda app on your phone. Login again and accept the new terms and conditions. After that you can login in Homey

Tried.
Logged out from skoda app, logged in again.
But didn’t receive any request to accept new user agreement.
Still same error in Homey.
Any other tip?

@Steven_Renders can you send another report?
And what car did you try?

Hi @martijnpoppen ,

Great app, thanks! One thing that seems to be a bit bugged is updating. Sometimes my Cupra stays at the same percentage for days, even though the interval is set to 10 minutes. Then I adjust the interval to for example 9 or 11 minutes, the API is fetched immediately and the percentage is updated. It seems like the app needs some sort of manual trigger to re-fetch the API.

Hi @kaas
Resetting the interval is logging you in again, so sounds like a invalidated session.
Please enable debug in the device settings and next time it happens send a diagnostic report

When I try to login via the Skoda Connect, and ad my Skoda Enyaq, I get an error message.
“To change the login click “previous””. And the I can try again, but with the same error popup.
I can see that the app is trying to get the data, but nothing happens. Is there some setup that I need to be doing?

The login details work when i login on the phone app and i browser mode.

@Onename please send a diagnostic report

I get the the same error message when trying to add my car

@Brian_Mouridsen this is a topic for multiple brands. Please explain which car which model and what happens

It’s a Skoda fuel car and I get “To change the login click “previous” error. It’s connecting but returns with the error

@Brian_Mouridsen can you share the error message. Thats only a instruction :stuck_out_tongue:

@Brian_Mouridsen please send a diagnostic report

I have tried that. Do you need the link or can you see it?