[APP][Pro] Ubiquiti UniFi Protect

It seems that version 1.5.7 is stable but smart detection is still not working. Very frustrating that the developer doesn’t reply emails.
This app becomes more and more unserious.

@Frank_Larsen Take in consideration that the developer of most apps for homey is unpaid community developers. And all of them are doing this on their free time and has no obligation to answer anything if they dont have the time.

Also a comment like yours will probebly not make a community developer more intrested to take extra time from their busy life to fix something!

That being said, I want to say I’m really happy with the app and the way it allows me to create a flow for my doorbell :slight_smile:

Also, the most recent update fixed the memory leak, so my temporary flow of restarting the app every two hours can be taken down.

So, thanks for taking the time to develop this, and update it too!

1 Like

Version 1.5.7 seems to have fixed a lot indeed.
I really hope smart detection will work again soon though.
Does anyone know which exact version broke it?
I might want to downgrade to the version before that for the time being.

Is it possible to downgrade to the lastest version which was rock solid? I guess it was 1.5.5

you can find the 1.5.5 version here: Link and you can downgrade it via CLI

Is there going to be a way to use the UNVR with protect? For now it’s not working.

Hi @ObelixNL (and other developers on this project),

First of all, great job on the app. I’m now running v1.5.7 stable for a while.
In an earlier post I mentioned the issue with the motionalert (bewegingsalarm) staying ‘On’ if there is no alert anymore. Today I found a way to replicate the issue.

I saw that, if in the camera settings When to Record is set to Always, there are no issues. Motionalert goes off if I leave the detection zone.
If the setting is set to Never the motionalert goes on and stays on if entering and leaving the detection zone.

Maybe this information helps fixing the issue.

I try to install older version 1.5.3 from Tags · steffjenl/com.ubnt.unifiprotect · GitHub. I think this was the last version, where smart detect worked.

You can see how to do it from [HOW TO] CLI install method.

Unfortunately I am running into problems with some currency validation which is not supported.

✓ Validating app…
× App did not validate against level debug:
Invalid [[device]] in flow.actions.ufv_set_recording_mode.titleFormatted.en.titleFormatted

I don’t know what to do, I hope that someone has an solution for this?

By the way I also had some problems with fetch-node. These commands fixed the problem:
npm install -g npm
npm cache clean
npm update

Anyone know if this can work with Unifi running in docker on synology?
I am stuck with: ‘Getting CSRF token’

I just received version 1.5.8 and smart detect seems to work again with that one. Nice work👍🏻

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hi Stèphan!

I’ve been running 1.5.8 for 3 days now - and it’s a hit! :star2:

• Memory seems stable around 46MB
  • Set recording status to detection works again

Thnx for doing a great job! :+1:

Hi, I have made a simple IF smart detectection THEN send message. What do I wrong since this is still not working on 1.5.8.

Hi Frank,

That same flow is working for me.
Did you set up smart detect in the unifi app too?

Hi Jan. I misser to set up UniFi Protect devices in Homey. Now all works fine for me, too. Thanks.

Question.
I’m running the latest versions on Homey and on my UDM Pro. I have configured 2 zones on a camera and would like to use each zone in a different flow but i’m unable to find the seperate flow in Homey. Is this by design, am I doing something wrong or can this be added in a future release?

Thank you!

Since a week (or 2) the smart detections notifications with the ‘smart detection type’ don’t recognize people or cars anymore. I got a detection notifification with a n/a on the smart detection type variable.
Never had a n/a over the last year, it’s always a car of person.
Are there more people with this problem, and is there a solution?

I have the exact same problem; keeps on saying n/a