[APP][Pro] Ubiquiti UniFi Protect

Same problem here since the last update. A restart of the app will work a few hours, than it crashes again. It have worked great before with no crashes at all…
Hopefully there will be a fast fix?

I’m seeing the same behaviour. The app is working like a charm, but the memory usable keeps increasing over the hours. When it hits a certain number, the app gets paused. Restarting the app works straight away.

Hello developers, on Saturday afternoon I noticed my Unifi protect got updated to 1.5.6 and did a quick check and saw the ‘Opnamemodus’ displayed correcty as ‘Detections’. Didn’t have a lot of time so checked this afternoon and notice I’m on 1.5.7 but unfortunately the ‘Opnamemodus’ is ‘-’ again.
Looks like some old errors got back?

Same problem here. The App is crashing constantly, after the latest update.

Same here, app crashes since the update to 1.5.6 due to a memory leak. I had crashes in earlier versions as well, because of that I’ve a auto app restart at 04:00 in the morning activated. The picture shows the behavior:

Same issue here… crashes in every few hours…

Also, my doorbells have stopped working again after the upgrade and I can’t add them anymore

After installing v1.5.6 I encountered the following issues:

• App crashing after a view hours (temporary fix with automatic app restart every 4 hours)
  • Motionalert (Bewegingsalarm) stays “On” if there is no alert anymore

Note: I have the motion alert issue with G3 Flex and G3 Instant camera’s (with G3 Bullet no issues so far)

1 Like

Can you please explain how you set the automatic app restart every 4 hours? That will help me out making sure my doorbell flow will keep working :slight_smile: Thank you!

This should do it :slight_smile:

Thanks! I did it! Took me a while to figure out where the system cards are, but they’re in experimental settings :slight_smile: Thanks!

Why is this needed? I noticed starting from 2 days ago that the app stops working, 2 camera’s are unavailable. After a restart it works, so I get why we add this flow. But is the dev also working on a fix?

I’ve been running 1.5.7 since yesterday and it seems as the memory is stable around ~45MB.

You find 1.5.7 on Ubiquiti UniFi Protect | Homey.

I’m trying to set up an easy flow that sends a snapshot in case of smart detection but for some reason I don’t gt it to work.
I have “When”, A smart detection event.
And “Then” push message.
It works when testing it but not when testing IRL.
If i change the “When” to choose camera and the Motion detected it works.
Am i missing something that is needed in addition to the Smart detection event?
I see the smart detect event happen in the Unifi Protect App.

The smart detection flow trigger doesn’t seem to work since a few versions ago…

Installed 1.5.7 and this version works wonderfull, been running for 8 h with out any problems.

1 Like

Hi @ObelixNL ,

Thanks for this app! Have been using it for some time to link my doorbell to some Kaku doorbells in the house.

So it was working fine until recently. It started with sending the doorbell signal 3 times. Than after a reboot the camera connections get lost after some time. Not sure if there was a trigger for it to happen.

Been reading here a bit and now installed latest beta version (after removing old version). Now when I add the doorbell the app doesn’t see it as a doorbell anymore, which makes it impossible to create the flow.

Some specs (let me know if you need more)

• Using UniFi cloud key 2
  • Using UniFi Os
  • All UniFi is updated to latest versions

Extra note. In the first post something is mentioned about selecting unifios in setup, but is didn’t see this option.

Thanks, hope you have some time!

Om 1.5.6 smart detection is not working and the app crashes all the time.

After the app crashes, credentials, IP can’t be seen at the app config. If I restart, all get back to normal.

after the last update i get the message that no snapshot can be loaded.