[APP][Pro] Ubiquiti UniFi Protect

Same for me… smart detections stopped working end of last week both on version 1.6.7 and 1.6.8
Might be related to the recent Unifi Protect update?

I had a short call last week with @ObelixNL. We did noticed some strange things, such as the detection type tag was empty most of the occasions.

So i think we can expect fixes coming for this :wink:

Unifi Update has removed the Smart Detection types. From the websockets i don’t get any updates anymore.

I’m still seeing smart Detection come thru in homey. I walked in front of this camera 15 mins ago at 6:14pm. But the smart detections and now motion detections are only coming through very rarely. For some reason my doorbell is recording packages correctly through to Homey

For me I also see the smart detections still correctly on the device page. But I don’t know if you can turn that into a alarm of some kind

Fortunately the “camera motion detection node” does still work - so enabled this as a temporary workaround in my flows

Could it be that they are slowly moving it to the Alarm manager (Webhook) or the API they recently introduced and broke the websocket? (Maybe on purpose to get people moving?)

If you look at the release page of the UniFi Protect Application 4.1.53 the guys from the HA plugin have the same issue.

I have created an hotfix, the score is sometimes 99 (they removed the score and moved to an other place).

2 Likes

Thank you so much Obelix for your quick fix. Works well.

I have uploaded a new version this morning, score must now been filled with the correct value.

I don’t like to ask but if you like this app please donate.

I use the donation money to buy new unifi protect devices to add more functionality / features and test this with newer devices.

1 Like

Hello,
Thanks for the update. Now all smart detections are flowing in again.

• It seems to me the flow card is triggered some point into the smart detection, not at the beginning.

It “felt” to me that the trigger was instantaneous before.

I have donated as this app is very useful to me.

Thanks again,

That us correct @Michael_Stackelius, since the update the event with types are slower.

Thanks for donating!

This is understood.

Have a great evening.

Cheers,

Is it going to be instantaneous again or is that not possible anymore ?
I use it to turn on the lights in the garden and if it starts with a delay it doesn’t make much sense anymore.

You can use motion detection for that.

Hello again,

Motion detection gives false positives that are hard to avoid when luminance changes i.e. controlling lights especially when they are switched on/off not dimmed.

Smart detection on the other hand seems to be spot-on.

Re: earlier discussion about smart detection timing:

• Adjusting after/before recording changes nothing in Protect.
  • “Seems” that the flow card may even be triggered upon the smart detection ending. At least it is some (many) seconds into it.

Thanks,

Don’t shoot the messenger. In the start event I don’t get any type or score.

You’ve done a great job with this app.

However, a lot of the notifications doesn’t even come through at all. Turned on notifications in Unifi’s app just to compare and when that app gives me 10 notifications, Homey maybe gives me one or two at best. Can even stand in front of a camera and wave and Homey says nothing even though Unifi’s app goes nuts.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the http://ip/snap.jpeg with a timestamp? For example to get a screenshot from yesterday 17:00 hr.

I noticed that when logging in to the device and you look at the image there it says snap.jpeg?cb=123456789 but it doesn’t really seem to do anything as it keeps updating the image anyway instead of a static picture of the timestamp moment. Would love your input

i have the same problem. Unfi network works but protect (same account) failed working. After creating a new local account (wich worked for 1 day) it fails again. Tried creating a new account, and it works again (going to test for how long).