[APP][Pro] Ubiquiti UniFi Protect

What is the current state of face detection possibilities in Unifi Protect for Homey?

Specifically: I would like to purchase the AI Pro cam and set up a flow in Homey that notifies me if someone unknown is detected (but ignores white listed people). Is this possible at the moment, without having to resort to things like Face++ ?

I am trying to do something that I think should be relatively simple, but I can not work it out. I want to get a notification when one of my Unifi cameras spots a person around my house. I can use the event " a smart detectio event" but it is impossible for me to change the tag to person. Does anyone have an example and can help me here?

TNX

Would it be possible to create a card to display one of the pre-uploaded image for the doorbell message?

When looking at the list of supported devices I don’t spot the UDM Pro SE nor the Pro Max. Both of them run the same UnifiOS as the Dream Machine Pro.

Does this really mean that they won’t work with this app?

I’ve done some testing with this app in the past and was able to get the following test flow to show a snapshot image on a push message on my phone.

I recently moved the home to an isolated IoT VLAN network. The camera’s are still in the main network. The image that is shown on my phone is shown below:

This is the test flow:

Any suggestions to why the image is not shown? Related to the different VLANs?
If so, any idea on what kind of firewall rule(s) is/are needed to get the image through?

Latest UnifiOS on Cloud Key Gen2+ running latest Protect (4.0.33) & Network (8.2.93).

Thanks,
Marc

I have the error: request to https://null/snap.jpeg failed, reason: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND null

At first i thought might be about the MFA so, made a local account on the UCK with a new account and checking the “restrict to local account only” and gave the local account “full management” access to the applications including Unifi Protect. Changed the credentials and tested connection in the Homey Unifi Protect App. All good.

I have rebooted the Ubiquiti UniFi Protect app in Homey, removed the app and added the camera’s again. But keep getting the error: request to https://null/snap.jpeg failed, reason: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND null

Does anyone know how i can fix this?

You can probably fix this by deselecting the option “Use camera snapshot” in the settings of the app, this is only for when you have enabled direct access on the camera it self.

Thanks @PhAnt0m , this brings me one step closer to the desired end result. When testing the flow I can now see the image in the flow when hoovering over the cameras name.
The unfortunate thing is that in the push message itself it still shows the image as shown in my original post.

Do you have an idea why that might happen?
Thanks, Marc

This did the trick, big thanks @PhAnt0m!

1 Like

@ObelixNL

I read in one of you old posts ([APP][Pro] Ubiquiti UniFi Protect - #213 by ObelixNL) that a major upgrade could make the screenshot not come though. I believe this might have hit me on my G3 Flex cameras.

So, I just added the G5 Turret Ultra and it is showing up in Homey. However, the screenshot is not popping up at the moment. I made sure the Turret was upgraded in protect before adding it in Homey. So this wasn’t around before when the last upgrade on Homey has been executed.

Do you have any suggestions on what to look into in order to get images from snapshots come through?

Thanks, Marc

@ObelixNL could you add a card to display a pre-uploaded gif (in protect) as doorbell message?

@ObelixNL can this be a configuration-error on my side?

Hello,

Is the Timezone on you homey correct?

If its based on homey’s location, then it is. ( or in the unifi protect-app ? )
Besides that, i nevver use 12h format.

Hi Guys,

It’s just me who need to restart Protect app very often? Approximately since the Protect 4 exists.

It is not only you, I found it an will try to fix it in the next new release.

1 Like

Awesome! I’m open to test a demo version and provide feedback. :slight_smile:

I have published the new test version with 1 hour token refresh. Also the time is now in local time and not UTC time.

1 Like

I seem to have it working and it’s a great feature. Have a look at this flow…

I have a question regarding zone activity devices. My G5 bullet cameras seem to be working to trigger activity in their respective zones as does my G4 Pro doorbell but only the doorbell shows as a device in the activity menu of Homey. The screenshot below shows the activity devices of the carport area which has two G5 cameras and the doorbell but only the doorbell is shown. I’ve checked the settings a few times and the carport is not the only area I’ve noticed this same problem. As I said, not a great issue cause I still seem to be able to use the zone activities from the G5 cameras in flows (areas without the doorbell) but strange that I can’t see them as a device under ‘activity’. I have to go into the device to find the motion alarm status.