[APP][Pro] Ubiquiti UniFi Protect

I also have issues for a few months now.

I have a advanced flow that sets the recording mode for my camera’s if i’m away and when i’m coming home:

However, the recording mode is not set. It does not matter what I try.
I even removed the camera devices from Homey, re-added them and modified and even recreated flows to be sure I did everything possible.

I use a local only account with View Only rights from day one and have no issues connecting the app with my UCK G2 Plus. The ‘Use camera snapshot’ option is also unchecked within the app settings. If I look at the camera device settings, the camera screenshots work perfectly.

My UCK G2 Plus is currently running on version 3.2.12 with Protect on 3.0.22.

HI there,

First post, and I think I’ve searched enough to feel comfortable to post. Help if I could have done better :slight_smile:

Unifi Protect G4 has 3 actions: motion alarm turned on (start), motion alarm is on (continue) and, motion detection off. This is connected to a Shelly for the outdoor lamp, very basic.

I want the lamp to go off after 10 seconds of no motion, but also continue to stay on when there is motion for, lets say 30 seconds.

I need to start the flow with a “motion alarm turned on”. I experimented with several turn off options, in delay, or with a new flow. But if I have continuous motion, the lamp does not stay on.

Any suggestion, or reference article? Thanks!

When I read Ubiquiti UniFi Protect App voor Homey | Homey there are 2 triggers and 1 condition: 2 WHEN cards and 1 AND card.
The simplest solution is:
WHEN zone becomes active THEN switch on the light

WHEN zone is inactive for 3 minutes switch off the light

Another solution is using a timer, and 3 flows:

1. one to switch on the light when motion is detected the first time
  2. one to reset the timer when motion is detected again
  3. and one to switch off the light when timer ends.

See [APP] Fibaro - Your home is your castle (by Athom) - #876 by Peter_Kawa

1 Like

Gonna work on this! Will let you know and thanks for the quick feedback.

By the way… Turning it on for 3 min is to easy :wink: and I think that still if someone stays there for 3 min, it will turn off

Good luck experimenting. The general idea of these scripts is that the light does not switch on and off with every motion alarm on and off. But that the light stays on during a series of on-off alarms from the motion sensor, until the last off alarm.

Just wanted to give an update for people that get stuck with the '“Failed to GET url:/proxy/protect/api/cameras?acessKey=null (status code: 401)” problem.

If you didnt read the instructions here then you could follow the steps described here (under ‘LOCAL USER’):

I installed a AI Pro today using these steps; works to get smart notifcations.

Update
To get the snapshots working you need to enable ‘Anonymous Snapshot’:

1. First of all get into Protect UI https://protect.ui.com/
  2. Select NVR you’d like to use
  3. On left bottom corner click the “wheel”
  4. Click the Advanced
  5. On the right side, you’ll see Device password, click REVEAL
  6. Copy the password
  7. Now connect to the Camera IP through https, e.g. https://your.camera.ip.address
  8. Login with username ubnt and password from point number 6)
  9. Don’t worry and click through, keep it in Unifi Video mode - they’ll stay under the NVR and everything will work as usual
  10. Once you go through the setup - Enable the “Anonymous Snapshot” on the camera

I’m sure this is all writen down here somewere, but I’m new to this and I had to dig a little so you can use this as the summery :slight_smile:

Hello, I would like to reintegrate Unifi Protect into homey.
Unfortunately, I always get the error message INVALID

I enter:

IP: 192.168.40.89(Cloud Key gen2) (but also tried with Unifi Recorder 192.168.40.43
Port:443

user: personal user and password

alternatively I tried admin as user and the Unifi recovery code as password as well as ubnt as user and the recovery code as password. (So you can watch every camera live with IP and user & password.

But why does this not work?

Can anyone help?

Hello everyone,
I’ve been using Homey Pro for a few months now and I was very happy to use the Unifi Protect integration for Homey with my UDM Pro. A few weeks ago I added a UNVR Pro and it no longer works. Can anyone help me?
Here is the message I get when the status is ‘connected’ in the plugin settings.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Maybe try the guide above in which I refer to the 401 error?

Try connecting locally to your unifi protect first (not just the camera) without homey if that all works well use the credentials for homey

i found the misstake. it was in the firewall

1 Like

Hallo zusammen, ich habe nun homey und Unifi erfolgreich gekoppelt. Wenn ich nun einen Flow anlege, dass wenn Unifi Kamera “Lounge” eine Bewegung erkannt hat, dann Licht an.

Leider funktioniert dies nicht. Der Licht Shelly schaltet und funktioniert auch im Test.

Leider wird die “Bewegung” nicht erkannt. Also in unifi wird die Bewegung erkannt, jedoch von homey nicht verarbeitet. Woran kann das liegen?

Hello everyone, I have now successfully paired homey and Unifi. If I now create a flow that when Unifi camera “Lounge” has detected a movement, then light on.

Unfortunately this does not work. The light shelly switches and also works in the test.

Unfortunately, the “movement” is not recognised. So the movement is recognised in unifi, but not processed by homey. What could be the reason for this?

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

1 Like

Hi.

Will there be added support for MFA authentication?
From July 22, 2024, multi-factor authentication (MFA) will be mandatory for all Ubiquiti Accounts.

That would apply to the ui.com accounts. For this app you will use local account and that I would assume not to be affected.

1 Like

The App stopped working (connection failure) once I enabled MFA. When I disabled it again, the App were able to login again…

And did you create an local account on your Unifi Controller to be used only by the app as instructed in the first post. You won’t need MFA for that.

Here is some good instruction how to setup local only accounts.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. I was not aware that it was possible to add a local account. Thanks again, it worked! :slight_smile:

Hi everyone, regarding to my previous post: [APP][Pro] Ubiquiti UniFi Protect - #385 by SachaH

I’m still having the same issues. Whatever I try, setting the recording mode is not picked up by UniFi Protect.

Is there anybody or maybe @ObelixNL to help me out with this?

Update @01-06:
Found a fix for this. The local account needs ‘Full Management’ rights for Protect to set recording modes. I looked over it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like