[APP][Pro] Ubiquiti UniFi Protect

I have created an new test version, you can now see the websocket status and last message at from the settings page. I have also created an relogin method every 24 hours to make an fresh session every day.

Is it possible to hand over the cameras as devices to Alexa so that you can tell Alexa to show the door?

@ObelixNL First of all thanks for the great app.
Since yesterday I saw that smart detections even recognise a cat walking around my house. I got a smart detection ‘animal’. So that’s great!!
Because I’m a Dutch user and I made a flow with a screenshot with a smart detection event mentioning the smart detection type, it’s now always ‘Een vehicle/person/animal op de oprit’. Would it be possible to translate the smart detection types in the app? So for Dutch vehicle=voertuig, person=persoon, en animal=dier.

It would just be a small improvement that makes life even better :wink:

Hello Arjan,

You can do this by adding an ‘and if’ statement. If i change the names flows from other users will break.

1 Like

Was wondering or someone already succesfully connected their chime? Would love to change to volume around bed time of the baby. I can add it, but the functions are not working.

Considering the leap from Hubitat C8 to Homey Pro and have some important questions re. the Unifi Protect app.

• Are G4 Instant and G5 Bullet cameras supported.
  • Can I discriminate on AI specifics e.g. Person.

FYI I have a UDM-Pro.

Thnx

Is there any sensible way to troubleshoot issues? I have a good connection with my UniFi UDM-Pro (Status & Realtime Updates Status both Connected.

However a simple flow (smart detection) isn’t working :frowning:

Coming from HA I’m frustrated at (seemingly) not having any access to logs (not specific to this app, but the whole/wider solution.

TIA

Is anyone using this app. I’m having problems with it (credentials are valid), nothing in the logs and the smart detection is not working.

No idea what to do next, at a loss how to proceed.

have you installed the app?
have you configured the app? Port 443?
have you tested the connection, see button in configuration
have you added new device via protect → camera → select your cameras?
Have you made flow? Can you show us the flow?

App is installed.

Realtime updates Status: Connected
Last update at: {very recent time}

Where would I do this? (do I need to specify cameras if I’m using the flow below?

I’m just trying to use the smart detection, so using the “A smart detection event” card (When) simply routing to a Timeline card (Then), just as a very basic start.

Thanks for your help.

in the homey app use the blue + to add a device.
new device
ubiquitie unifi protect
camera
Install
choose your cameras

they will be added as devices and can be chosen in the flows. I am not sure if the generic cards like Smart Event detected will work when you don’t have added the devices.

Hi,
Thanks for your help and advice.
I stupidly hadn’t added the cameras (as I had before when it was last working).

So for the benefit of anyone else:

• Install the app and enter the correct UniFi credentials and test/confirm valid.
  • In homey app on Devices page add a device “+” and then “New Device” then “Ubiquiti UniFi Protect”, Camera and select your camera(s).
  • In a flow I just have the When: “A smart detection event” no reference to cameras in the flow.

Hi! Can’t seem to login … is the IP address the private IP add of the unifi router? I’m using UDM SE.

Also I’ve put the homey pro onto a separate VLAN but allowed it to send inter-VLAN traffic. Would that matter?

Since last update or so, the app does not work anymore??
i am connected, but cannot se snapshots, or register movement from my cameras anymore. works fine in the unifi protect system. and has worked fine for 6 months in homey, nothging changed but nomore works.

1 Like

Hi, it seams as UniFi prompt users to activate 2-way auth. When this is activated the app can’t connect. Any thoughts how to avoid this?

same problem here :roll_eyes:

Use an local account and not an Cloud account.

With the option ‘Use camera snapshot’ unchecked it worked perfect with version Protect 2.11.21

Yep, you most use the ip adress off the UDM.
And use a local account you made on the console
Under Admin and users, make a user with view only rights.

Hi All

is there a chance to use smarte detection in a flow?
I found the smart detection card but I am not able to make it work.

Does anybody have a working flow with smart detection for a person with a UNIFI cam?