[APP][Pro] Ubiquiti UniFi Protect

Same doorbel problem here, since last update.no snapshots . Other camera’s send snapshots

G4 Doorbell or G4 Doorbell Pro?

G4 doorbell

Can you test the new test version?

From November or is it not published yet?
Version 1.6.2

I have installed 1.6.2 and my doorbell is working again!!

I have doorbell G4, I’m using version 1.6.2 test. doorbel ringing signal is working now but does not get the snapshot. I use the snapshot when doorbel is ringing a picture is send to Google hub. so I can see who is on at the door.

Did some testing, in the app/configuration you find camera use picture. checkbox was on and all wifi cameras did not get snapshots. checkbox off now all cameras have now snapshots I can use in flow. for me this item is solved. Thanks.

1 Like

For me i see the smart detections updating with the latest test version. But no doorbell presses are making it through.

After creating a specific login for Homey inside Unify Protect, I have successfully executed the steps 1-2-3-4 in “Getting Started”.
When I test the connection in the Homey apps section, I get a status “connected”, but Realtime updates Status reports “Unknown”.

Unfortunately, when running the “add device wizard”, and selecting the G4 Doorbell Pro, I get the following error message:
“Failed to GET url:/proxy/protect/api/cameras?acessKey=null (status code: 401)”.

I have tried both the homey app 1.6.0, and the test-version 1.6.2.
My ubiquity devices are all connected to a Dream Machine Pro SE, running

• Unifi OS 3.1.16.
  • Unifi Protect 2.10.10
  • G4 Doorbell Pro 4.68.17

Any idea what the issue (and solution could be)?

I have the same problem! I have created the flow, but when some pushes the doorbell button, i only get the normal notification on the Unify Protect app.

Hello, I am using a AI pro camera. Looks like choosing the G4 works but is it also possible to set the recording mode to Smart Detection. Motion detection creates to much recordings.
I am trying to create a flow that if the alarm is turned on that the Smart Detection is turned on. And off course when alarm turned off, turn of recording.

I am using the latest (beta) version of the app 1.6.2

Would this be possible.

Thanks for any help.

1 Like

Same issue here with G4 Doorbell and dream machine Pro
Connection is succesfull but realtime updates gives status Unknown.
All devices are updated to latest version.
Reinstalled the homey app and now I can’t even add my doorbell anymore or any other camera…

Would love to know that as well as I’m considering buying the AI Bullet camera (UVC-AI-Bullet).

In the changelog of 1.6.1, I see that smart detections has been added. Does it mean it also supports more recent camera such as the AI Bullet? Can you confirm @ObelixNL

Using 1.6.2 (test) and motiondetection stops working after 1 day maybe. Restart of the app fixes the problem.
Motion detected on the official Unifi Protect app on IOS 17.3 and 1.20.0
Using protect 2.11.13 on a UDM PRO 3.2.9

Hello dear people,

is there a way to
a) integrate the G4 Pro Doorbell
b) read the fingerprint here and integrate it into automations?

Best regards, Kevin

Hello Kevin,
For a.
Even de basic flow’s works.

For b.
At my site no need for.
But is there a finger print reader. There is no option for in the gui, to add users with a scaned fingerprint.
So i think no reader for that.

Just read some more at the ub wesite: they did advertice in the past with it (as update in futore) but till now nothi g more. And all remove thice notice from the pages. On the forum at ub is very quiet from ub site. Ok they say allmost never any thing there.
https://community.ui.com/questions/G4-Doorbell-Pro-release-version-no-fingerprint-reader-or-NFC/25bd4f3c-87cf-4505-846b-657d05d07a1a

Ji Johan, thanks for your answer. Your right, theres no fingerprint. But no matter for what the PRO? Only for the bigger displa and the 2nd Cam. So i will order the normal G4 Doorbell :wink: and make an automation.

…there is a not (yet?) enabled reader…

Everything about the fingerprint and nfc is removed from the internetpage’s
And if you read the link above the answere off UB on a question about that.
After that message it is quit at UB about this topic.

So maybe the hardware is inplace but no support in the software.