[APP][Pro] Tuya Zigbee App

Do not want ?

:soon:

…means that Johan is still working in the background but hitting the obstacles on the way.

Anyone can, via pull requests - Pull requests ¡ JohanBendz/com.tuya.zigbee ¡ GitHub, or just clone the repo and offer it, so it can be installed via CLI, in interim time.

Hey Sharkys,
Do you have instructions for how to do the pull requests without screwing it up? And you can I identify if a device only needs to change a device id?

It’s fairly simple: clone the repository, make your changes, test them locally, if they work, issue a pull request.

1 Like

As Robert already outlined, let me describe bit a little further, read following :

you can clone/download , so you will screw-up only your repo and make modifications using notepad or by more sophisticated tools - https://desktop.github.com/, or check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhgga2s_RmM
to test it, you can install it via CLI - [HOW TO] CLI install method
If it works for you, you can publish changes - Pushing changes to GitHub from GitHub Desktop - GitHub Docs

When you will be installing via CLI, never do uninstall - simply install via CLI, in case it will not work, install without uninstalling version from Homey store.

But it’s not always so easy, sometimes it’s about updating product ID, sometimes it’s about complete code changes.

Also note this is thread for Tuya devices, so we are OT.

Good day,
As many others I requested ‘device support’ for this app. Because of this growing list and, I can imagine, amount of work this will take, I was wondering if we as users can help to add the devices to the app??

I am not a programmer, but I can imagine that the interview data needs to be included and that this needs to be done for every single device the same way? If someone can make a(monkey proof) work instruction I will be more than happy to spend time on extending the device support of this app.
But I will need help to start…

Ps. Maybe I am completely wrong and isn’t this possible, but if I can I would like to contribute.

Please let me know if there is a way how I can contribute.

4 Likes

@Rick_Delput, @Clement_F, @Atemlos, @Satoer, your device requests are deleted because they don’t meet the app developer’s requirements. Please read the first post on how device requests should be carried out.
Replies to these posts, such as “please read the first post” are also deleted.

Furthermore posts that are not directly related to the Tuya Zigbee app are also deleted.
Feel free to create your own topic at any time and discuss these things.

If you have any problems with that please feel free to contact me or another moderator.

6 Likes

Hello,

I’m suffering the exact same problem.
Did you find a solution ? I have tried to remove/add the app, perform a fresh Homey update with no luck :frowning:

Kr
Luca

I had exact same issue. After I removed all my power sockets from the Tuya app and added them as standard Zigbee device the isue is gone now, all sockets can be used (without metering unfortunately).
Zigbee hasn’t stalled for about 3 weeks now!

Reading the first post is a good place to start…

Not everything can be solved with money…with a big list like this I can imagine time is the biggest thing.
But I might be wrong.
My post was written with the best intentions.

I am not sure what you are referring to. Did you even try to read the post? Please, DO read the full length of the first post. DO NOT be scared by the invitation to donations via Paypal . This post literally contains the answer to your questions. But hey, if you do not want to read, I agree with you. Your money will not help you out here.

Hi there, i just installed 2 Aqara Smartplug(EU) devices on mij HomeyPro(2016) works fine but no values for power consumption. is there anyone who knows this problem and can give me a hint how to get these values? Thanks

Did you use the correct app to add them?

Yes Glenn, i dit use this App

Then why do you ask this question in the Tuya App thread? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

With the whole github thing i made a couple pull requests for devices i have that didnt work yet. Now maintaining my own app version untill it gets merged.

The whole device backlog is nowhere to blame to the developer i find it more a flaw in how homey runs its “open platform” eco system.
Imo it would have been better if all the community apps git repo’s where run off a github organization under control of athom/homey so they could add developers to their own repo’s. And offcourse give them full creds + maybe a free development device for their effort to make homey bigger.

@johan_bendz feel free to reach out, i cant say im a seasoned developer but usually i can figure it out.
If i can help out be happy to knock out a few git issues.

3 Likes

Hi Jan,
I did read the first post and even all the other posts in this thread. But I can’t find anything about how I can contribute by adding actual code in the app?

The interview part, GitHub etc all done of course otherwise I wasn’t able to add my devices to the ‘request list’? so if you can help me a little bit more by pinpointing the location of this info that would help a lot.

Two paragraphs down after :

I’m happy for any and all donations via Paypal ! :smiley:

it reads:

Github: GitHub - JohanBendz/com.tuya.zigbee

1 Like

Can you help me how to install this on the homey. I am very new to homey pro 2023.

Owkey
Special.
Here we go:
(Wrong order, on mobile, you’ll figure it out, I trust)