[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

Hi Jurgen, I sent you a report with this id:
8393b8be-7fb5-400a-8b1d-ed33d086531d

The app noticed an alarm once, but did not detect the sensor was closed. Hope the report will give you some info. If you need extra info, please let me know. Thanks Jurgen!!!

Hello! Is it possible to add “Nedis - Smart IR” to the Tuya Cloud app in Homey?

I have it added in the standalone Tuya app but I can’t add it to Homey.
Need it to control my Mitsubishi AC because Homey doesn’t have support for Mitsubishi (IR)

Thanks, Kim

Sensibo would make more sense, and is supported.

It’s already there. Use the tap-to-run method.
I use it to control (older) devices (amps, TV sets, Cable TV box) with IR.

@friethoe, I don’t see messages coming from Tuya, but I see the following error:
[log] 2022-07-02 19:36:36 [TuyaCloudApp] TuyaOpenAPI response: {“code”:28841101,“msg”:“No permissions. This API is not subscribed.”,“success”:false,“t”:xxxxxxxxxxxx,“tid”:“zzzzzzzzzzzzz”} path = /v1.0/iot-03/open-hub/access-config
So I think you don’t have added all the api’s of point 6 of the manual: Tuya IoT Platform Configuration Guide Using Smart Home PaaS · tuya/tuya-homebridge Wiki (github.com)

@Jurgen_Heine hi Jurgen, I just sent you an updated log, now with more info, i hope.
Id of the log:
bf2f9f49-d7e2-4e4e-93db-d34f702cbe3b

Jurgen, it seems to work now! The sensor reports the right status in the device screen of Homey. But now I noticed that when I switch a lamp on, the icon in the device screen in Homey will light up and off again. The lamp is switched on, but cannot be switched off again via the device screen. I can via the android tuya app.

Update: please ignore the issue with the state in the device screen. That is resolved by deleting the device and added it again. All works awsome and amazing how fast it works!!!

@Jurgen_Heine Awsome Jurgen!!! Thank you for your great app and support!!!

1 Like

Good to hear it’s working now

Veeeeery nice, Jurgen! Thanks!
Installed test version 1.1.0 and it works here.
I’ve got a wifi-2-IR transmitter, but this doesn’t work (yet).
The created IR devices are present in iot cloud environment.
But they can only be used via tap-to-run scenes.
Not an issue to me, but just for your information.
~Peter

Hi Jurgen,

I created the same ticket in the git repo as well, but to let the fellow community help out I thought this might be a better spot.

I happened to find out about your app looking for a potential solution to control my IKOHS fan via my homey. However via the app itself I do not get the possiblity to add such a device. Clicking on any of the other (legacy) device available just provides a “there is no device available” error.

I stumbled on this project which allowed me to control it by python currently.

I’m talking about these fans.

Would it be possible to create support for such a thing and or could I help with making it compatible with the app?

In the meantime I did try to create scene’s as well in the hope that those would be integrated without a device being “supported” but unfortunately they are not in the list.

kind regards,
Rik

1 Like

Important Note - In the meantime I was aable to select legacy scene’s to trigger from the homey! So it seems like I can actually assign tasks to the fan.

Still just no support for adding the direct devices, as far as I am aware atleast.

When adding the device doesn’t work, try this neat section of the app.

Howto:
-With the flow below, you’ll “listen” to event messages of your devices;
In this example a message of the ‘text’ type, which will return text, numeric and yes/no values.
This way, when you trigger the device you want to control from the Tuya Smart mobile app (Google store / Apple store),
or when you just activate a sensor, you’ll catch the device ID, function name and function value events, which you’ll need to trigger flows, or control Tuya devices.

Result of this flow:
the values received from a motion sensor (a.k.a. PIR):

How start a flow by an event of a Tuya device

Just by receiving and filtering on it’s exact event message, in this case a PIR sensor:

Note

You only need the WHEN Number event received / Boolean event received cards, when you want/need to have a numeric or boolean (Yes/No) tag, for a truly numeric or boolean received raw command.
Example: a thermostat sends a room temperature update, which is a numeric value, and you want to use a ‘higher than’ / ‘less than’ trigger f.i.

Or you want to monitor / trigger a flow when a light went on or off;
this is a boolean event.

In Homey Yes/No, True/False and On/Off are the same.

How to control a Tuya device, with Homey

With the Tuya Smart mobile app, I turned the light I want to control, on and off.
This is the raw command info I received with Homey:

Screenshot from 2023-04-09 06-27-10

Now, we can turn that light on and off with this flow:

Well, when this all doesn’t make much sense to you, please try the alternative:

tap-to-run scene method !

1 Like

Hi Peter,

No worries fellow dutchman here.

I created the following flow similar to yours:

However triggering anything in the smart life app does not create an event or push notification. However I’m not sure whether thats because the events is not received or because the configuration of the app is not working properly.

When trying to add any device I get the following screen:

When trying to setup the app (since the update to expiremental) after pressing save I get the error code: “Error: Code: 2406, msg: skill id invalid”

It means you entered a Data center for another region.
For NL, “Data center” should be set to Central Europe (Tuya Smart Developer Center)
Screenshot from 2022-07-06 18-18-36

That is because the app is not yet configured right, and not connected to the iot cloud

1 Like

HI,

I have been having troubles adding my motion sensors from Smart life to Homey. I can add the legacy devices but not the original devices. When I try to add the motion sensor it gives the error “Please configure your app first.” I have configured everything and I can only add legacy devices.

Does someone know how to fix this? See pictures.

Please start by reading post #1 and use the smartphone app Tuya Smart instead of SmartLife

Hello,

I get the error message in the Tuya cloud app
"error;code;1004;msg sign invalid

(ook voor Homey dus :wink: )

Hello,
The cloud setup is working.
Tap to run is working in the local Tyua app.
The flow is selectable in homey but unfortunately the fan is not responding
fan

Legacy = ending
Try the “execute a scene” card instead.

Hello Peter,

Then i get an error and no scene is selectable