[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

Oki. I had to remove a socket from Homey, and then I did the Add device routine.

2 Likes

@Jackass
Hey Jack,

When I just created a new IoT acount, I selected region Central Europe. And hey, now all my Tuya devices are shown

I don’t want to be a pain in the butt, but I just followed the how-to carefully, and when adding a new device, like the way you asked, it worked also fine with the new IoT account Acces ID and Secret
 Also all other already paired devices can be managed.

Only thing I can think of now:
Are you sure your “Authorize API Products page” screen looks exactly like this:

It was a bit different, this is how the selected API’s are called:

2 Likes

hi @Peter_Kawa ,

I still can’t add my roller shutters. They are well uploaded in Tuya IoT (website). My credentials are correct. Devices that don’t use “legacy” work just fine. However those which are still “legacy” like shutters, are not found with the Tuya Cloud application. I didn’t have this problem before.

Sorry for inconvenience

Thanks for the effort Peter! I finally figured this out, but i’m not sure what did the trick.
As far as i can recall i took a different route to the settings page.

normally one would go this way:
open homey, click apps, click Tuya cloud, click Configureer app, fill settings and save.

I went:
open homey, click meer, click instellingen, click Tuya cloud, fill settings and save.

I know, it’s a little strange but finally it works.

Thanks for your effort, respect!

1 Like

Special credits go to @Jurgen_Heine for the app and to @Peter_Kawa for the support. To do something back for the community i wrote a hands-on manual. Hopefully this helps others in the (near) future.

Hands-on guidance for the message: please configure the app first.

6 Likes

Hi @DinoRayn ,
Still works with my blinds using the Legacy API

For use with the Official API, I created tap-to-run scenes to control my blinds: [App][Pro] Tuya Cloud - #296 by Peter_Kawa

1 Like

You’re very welcome, @Jackass Jack! Thank [a spiritual leader] it finally works hehehe.

So do I

“open homey, click more, click apps, click Tuya cloud, click Configureer app, fill settings and save” is how I manage Tuya Cloud.

I didn’t even know that was possible :wink: :wink:

But TBH, it shouldn’t matter how you navigate to the same settings page.
The only difference between your and my setup: you use SmartLife phone app, I use Tuya phone app.
I’m under the impression stuff is more cooperative using the Tuya phone app.

NICE JOB!!

2 Likes

@Jackass , Good to hear it’s working well for you now. I also had a look at your hands-on, looks nice :+1:Hopefully this will help others with configuration issues.

@Peter_Kawa, Thanks for helping users with problems :clap: Because you help those people, I can keep spend time developing the app.

2 Likes

Hi,

I tried everything:

• Delete my account,
  • delete my devices etc.

Nothing worked for me

Devices obtained with the new API are ok. However the legacy (cover, socket) are not recognized in the Tuya Cloud application. Before the update everything was working for me. After the update, my shutters were no longer functional and I can no longer use them. I got the report if you can help me that would be great! I’ve been trying to find the solution for a few days

Report : e79341f5-9a87-4cfa-b9ab-2ee9bab12ca9

Thank You !

@DinoRayn, I have looked at your log. I see first successful connections, but you changed credentials and after the change it’s failing again. Beside this, you should wait before you can add legacy devices. It’s mentioned before. The old API is only allowing discovery and status requests once in 900 seconds( it was once in 600 seconds last couple of months, but recently increased again) and authentication requests once in the 120 seconds. It’s not something I can do anything about. When the non legacy devices are working for you, your credentails and settings are correct. Wait al least 15 minutes before adding new devices, if still empty try again later. Better is to use the scenes/tap-to-run method, as @Peter_Kawa also mentioned. he did write a tutorial how to do this.

2 Likes

Hi thanks for sharing. One questions. I see a wall socket is supported. Does anyone have any experience with the dual or triple wall socket, is this also supported, working, and syncing to homey?
I’m looking into buying bseed dual and triple sockets from ali which is supported in the tuya app, just wanted to be sure its also supported in homey

Thanks!

@Matrean

That way you can control almost everything via Tuya Cloud app.
The how-to is in this thread. Voila: [App][Pro] Tuya Cloud - #296 by Peter_Kawa

@Peter_Kawa Super thanks! This solves a lot of problems. Never knew I could also create a flow to execute a tuya scene. This way there’s a lot more control.

1 Like

You’re very welcome, Jurgen.
I have a (long wanted) request :grimacing:
With the official API, is it now possible to add support for the PIR sensors?
They do appear in the IoT devices list, and Home Assistant.
Drop me a line if you need any info on this.
Cheers, Peter

@Peter_Kawa, PIR sensors where not possible with old API, but should be possible with official API.

@Matrean, multi socket should work in test version, I will soon release the test version.

2 Likes

@Jurgen_Heine great stuff. Would be great direct integration is always better because I that also receive data like power usage. I will continue ordering those multisockets. Let me know when it is released.

Thanks for this thread! It helped me setting everything up for the new API. I have one question about this;

If you are already used this app, the existing devices will still use the old API!!!

You have to add the devices again to use the functionality of new API.

Do I only have to remove the devices and re-add them to the Homey-app. Or do I have to remove them from Homey and SmartLife (reset the device) and then connect them again so they use the new API?

@Ralph_Z

Don’t remove anything at first.
You don’t need to do anything with the Tuya phone app.

@ Homey:
I advise to rename all “old” / legacy devices, f.i. "MyDeviceX_OLD
Now go add new Tuya Cloud devices, skip the device types with “Legacy”

If all things are OK, it should discover your lights, switches, relays and smart plugs.
If a device is not supported (yet), read this:

Place the devices in the same zone as the “old” ones, because of this:
When using https://my.homey.app, you now can quite easy replace the old devices with the new ones.

Find/locate the affected flows:
In the phone app, longpressing a device lets you view all related/affected flows.

When done, you can delete the “old” devices, or move them to a “trash” zone first. (I use a zone called ‘zz_trash’, to prevent myself from throwing things away too quick :crazy_face: )

1 Like

What I always do is just remove and use the flow checker app what goes wrong :joy:

2 Likes

Same here, but then I needed to explain more :laughing:

1 Like