[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

I did read the advice and did change my emailaddress and password and removed the app from homey and reinstalled. Everything new and no google emailaccount. But unfortunately the app by default is paused. During entering my credentials a time-out occurs and wipes out my settings.

Did I miss something??

What about only using the official account? The problem seems to be with the legacy account.
And that version is going offline somewhere in the future.

1 Like

Hi,
My connected shutters worked fine, and now they are no longer detected. Even in the “cover (legacy)”. Do you have a solution?

The shutters are well reassembled in the developer console of Tuya.

I bought these:

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your input. But sorry, this didn’t work.
The thing is that the time out occurs even when i just open the setup page and just wait 30 seconds. As if a validation is carried out without any input, thought that should happen on save

There is new version published to test. This version resolved some bugs and improved the naming of sub devices.

Many thanks to @Adrian_Rockall with his help to solve the SDK 3 bugs, naming of subdevices and other improvements to the code.

@Peter_Kawa, I didn’t know that setting pages timed-out after 30 seconds.

2 Likes

For your information, the old API update time increased from 10 minutes to 15 minutes. This is already changed in the test version, but not yet in the stable version.

@DinoRayn, Do you use the stable or test version? Stable should work. The test version had problems with SDK 3 changes. The new test version has also some fixes and could work now also. If it still not working, please create diagnostic report. Please fill in your formum name so I know it’s your report. Otherwise post the id here.

Not the settings page, Jurgen, I meant the setup page, where the device is installed and configured.
But I now see it isn"t a default. It only happens with some apps
 My bad!

@Peter_Kawa , my bad. Device pair page for this app is default list page, so this should be default behaviour for this kind of pair page.

I tested with the test version and the stable version. It no longer detects my smart shutters. However, my connected plugs are well reassembled.
my report : 016cb52c-e79c-4bca-a270-dda521cbfe4b

@DinoRayn , I have looked at your log, but huge amount of username password error messages. You have used correct username and password in past but probably did a reset or re-entered incorrect. Message bus is listinging and receiving probably still with old token. That will fail also when token expires.
Raw Tuya API response: {“responseStatus”:“error”,“errorMsg”:“Get accesstoken failed. Username or password error!”}

What should I do? I tried to change smartLife app password, I entered the new password in Tuya Cloud but still can’t recover my shutters. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Tuya Smart app several times but that doesn’t work either.

EDIT : I also just created a new account. I paired one of my shutters and reconfigured Tuya Cloud with the new account. That doesn’t work either

Hi,
As some of you may know, i also had problems reconnecting with the version and api.
I changed everything and also new non-google email.
But all what happened, no devices found.

Finally , now it works and maybe this info can help you too:

Good luck!

Cheers,
Eric

2 Likes

Hi all,

i must have missed some important info but i still receive ‘Please configure the app first’.

Setupo / what have i allready done

• Telephone app = Smart Life (created a new password)
  • Settings Tuya cloud app
    – Use legacy and official
    –username> name@gmail.com
    –Password> [password from SmartLife telephone app]
    –Official API access ID [received from Tuya IoT platform]
    –Official API access secret [received from Tuya IoT platfrom]
    –Data center [Central Europe Data Center (as specified on Tuya dev. infp page for NL)
    – Telephone country code [31]
    – Mobile app [Smart Life]

I can see all my devices on Tuya IoT platform and also in the Smart Life app.
The old devices do still show up in the Smart Life telephone app and also in Tuya cloud Homey app.

But when trying to add new powerplug/socket i get the message: Please configure the app first.

What am i doing wrong here / Which step am i missing?

You don’t mention this.

• Which mobile app should be in your case Smartlife
  • Telephone Country code should be 31 for Holland

We are in not in Central Europe.
My account:

1 Like

Peter, thanks for your reply.

Updated my initial post with that settings as i was already using that setting [31] and [Smart Life].

According to this Tuya page i should select Central Europe Data Center.

I have tried all, but will try Western Europe straight away. :pray:

Just tried Western Europe Data Center but then it will not detect my devices.

Bummer. Yes I just read the Tuya page, so Central Europe should not be the problem.

Did you generate the qr code and scanned it with the Smartlife app?

1 Like

That’s exactly what i did.

In your screenshot i see you also have 0 devices? Weird.

Any other thoughts/ideas ?

Yea I have no devices in the overview, but it works in HA for quite a while, and with Tuya Cloud IoT account it worked instantly.
I can only say, check your API acces key and secret 10 times

1 Like

@Peter_Kawa
Can you try one thing for me in Homey?

Go:
‘Devices/apparaten’
‘+’
‘Tuya cloud’
‘Socket/stopcontact’
‘Instal/installeren’

Post a screenshot of the result. Really wondering what you get there.